What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

AA COVER.

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Hi All.

Does anybody know if the AA automatically contacts you to give you the option of renewing the cover once the first 12 month new car cover has expired? My previous car was a new Fiat and they contacted me after the 1st 12 month new car cover had expired with quite a good offer on an additional 2 year membership.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi Harwood,

Busy racking my brains to try and remember (September 2011).

I'm sure the AA did contact me with a discounted offer if I wanted to carry on the cover.
Contact was via a letter through the post.

I've been with the RAC for years, so just discarded the AA offer as my RAC cover was continuous.

Maybe someone whose first year has expired more recently will be able to provide more up to date details.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

You should expect to be contacted 6 weeks before the cover expires. If you do not respond at this point you would ordinarily be contacted again after a further 3 weeks, and then ultimately when the cover expires.

A

Anonymous

I've had no contact and have had the car for a year this week = strange

RCZ1

Reaction score
As Peugeot Group said, I got a letter about 6 weeks before the cover was due to expire and then another nearer the time because I hadn't done anything with it. I went with Green Flag in the end though.

A

Anonymous

I took out the 3 year Peugeot Assist Plus when I bought mine, so I have a worry-free 3 years :)

A

Anonymous

My RCZ was 1 year old at the end of January and got nothing in the post at all about extending the cover.

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Just received my reminder card (1 day after the cover elapsed) having chased the AA for the last three weeks. £65.00 for 1 year cover and £130.00 for 2 years cover. Not bad value me thinks??? :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I've had my car a year this month and not received anything either :thumbdown:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Hi Adele.

Chase the AA and they will send you a reminder. Must say though it took me 3 weeks of chasing them to get anywhere. Very, very sloppy. Alternatively you can ring them to renew your cover on 0800 980 0681.

1 year - £65.00

2 Years - £130.00

Non Vehicle Faults i.e. Puncture, Lost Keys etc is an extra £20.00.

I think I should be on some sort of commision from the AA :lol:

A

Anonymous

HARWOOD said:
Hi Adele.

Chase the AA and they will send you a reminder. Must say though it took me 3 weeks of chasing them to get anywhere. Very, very sloppy. Alternatively you can ring them to renew your cover on 0800 980 0681.

1 year - £65.00

2 Years - £130.00

Non Vehicle Faults i.e. Puncture, Lost Keys etc is an extra £20.00.

I think I should be on some sort of commision from the AA :lol:
Thanks Harwood, im goona chase them today :thumbup: good post cos i never gave it a thought until now :clap: