What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A weird metal sound in my engine bay after a full rev in park. What's the issue?

Jr_45

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm new to this forum and i'm from asia. I got a weird sound when i rev my car fully. It's got a custom exhaust that has made a couple rcz exhaust for my friends and none of them has the sound. What could be the issue? i hope that someone here has had the issue and knows the solution since it would save me money paying a expensive diag fee.

thanks so much

Here's the link to the video since i can't upload it here.

Last edited:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you got a video or recording? That might make it little easier to work out.

Pedro

Reaction score
Check the exhaust brackets or heat shield which were know to come loose on earlier variants

lfe

Reaction score
Go back to whoever installed that custom exhaust because that noise is clearly coming from the exhaust.

It is the risk of installing non-standard parts.

Jr_45

Reaction score
Go back to whoever installed that custom exhaust because that noise is clearly coming from the exhaust.

It is the risk of installing non-standard parts.
I will check on that but the sound is coming from my downpipe i think since the sound is loud there and i didn't change it. I only did a catback exhaust since a former shop did a horrible catback to it and it was cracking, so i got this custom one.

Vally

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm new to this forum and i'm from asia. I got a weird sound when i rev my car fully. It's got a custom exhaust that has made a couple rcz exhaust for my friends and none of them has the sound. What could be the issue? i hope that someone here has had the issue and knows the solution since it would save me money paying a expensive diag fee.

thanks so much

Here's the link to the video since i can't upload it here.
Check the timing Chain my one snapped on my 7 year old RCZ no warning no sounds just broke while I was on the motorway.My car is 7 years old I bought it from new 25.000 miles on the engine careful Lady owner ! I have just had to pay 4500 for a second hand engine BEWARE.

Jr_45

Reaction score
Check the timing Chain my one snapped on my 7 year old RCZ no warning no sounds just broke while I was on the motorway.My car is 7 years old I bought it from new 25.000 miles on the engine careful Lady owner ! I have just had to pay 4500 for a second hand engine BEWARE.
how do i check my timing chain?

Pedro

Reaction score
Maybe they dropped something into the pipe?