What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A week old... Already!

A

Anonymous

Well to be fair I have not had too much opportunity to play with Pearl2, but have been able to commute to work in her. She is a fine specimen and easy to love. For anyone familiar with my opinions you will not be surprised, that most of my criticisms are reserved for the main dealer. However I do have a couple of gripes about the car itself.
!. surface rust on all four wheel hubs. Whilst still in the showroom!!!! £31.520 of car and it has rust on it from new. What's that all about? I've been told to sand off the rust and apply Hammerite paint. So why didn't Peugeot?
2. The Media system. Apparently by upgrading to include Satellite Navigation "there are too many electronics for the system to be able to operate as well as the non Sat Nav version"
Hang on... So what the sales Manager is telling me that by spending a lot more money I receive an inferior system, but at least I do have a Sat Nav. I can't believe that. Must be a problem with Knowledge deficiency surely?
The handover was the least efficient of any that I have received from any previous dealership.
As I was trading in a RCZ I believe the assumption was that I knew it all. However it was their dealership that I had purchased that particular 2nd hand model. So no I did not know.
I came away genuinely not Knowing.... What if any breakdown cover was in place. (thanks to this forum I do now) or if a 1000 check up was in order, as members on here have referred to one (again the forum spoke and yes there is and it is FOC) In fact no information was given re the maintenance of the car at all. Not even a business card for the service department. In fact I have not got the card of a single member of the dealership. None of my questions re the media system were answered. The mud flaps that I requested were not attached or indeed ordered.
But on the bright side I have a fantastic car and it is the colour of choice for being the most aesthetically pleasing. (yes jactac PEARL WHITE) :lol:

A

Anonymous

My hubs were rusty in the showroom also, I was taking my wheels off anyway to paint the brake calipers so painted the hubs with hammerrite at the same time, cost me 3.99 to paint the calipers red, look great. Know what you mean though, you shouldnt have to do it. My next door neighbour just had the same prob with a new golf GTI they painted the hubs for him though.

A

Anonymous

congrats on the car........................you must have more money than sense 2 rcz'd at that price the money you paid for a peugeot is beyond me that money for me is gunuinely scary for a rcz sorry for being blunt but do hope you and pearl2 have a good and happy relationship just dont ditch her for a new face lifted pearl next year :?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I too am plagued with 4 rusting brake hubs/callipres/springs on my 5-month old RCZ. Also heard from my dealer that they had heat treated another a couple of months ago and re-painted. I on the other hand would not be happy with the re-heat seeing that the issue may return. Anyway, went down the customer support route (Peugeot UK) and within 12 hours got a reply from France to say that they will replace ALL rusty parts as a 'good will gesture'. So hopefully this will get done next week if they can get the parts in.

I would have taken this further if they hadn't of course, I can't see how any new car should show signs of rust, and I certainly would not have cleaned them and painted them myself as told to other members here it seems!.

I will let you know how it goes, once it comes back from the dealer!?

Brian

Otherwise I like my car :)

A

Anonymous

mcdon18 said:
Hi,

I too am plagued with 4 rusting brake hubs/callipres/springs on my 5-month old RCZ. Also heard from my dealer that they had heat treated another a couple of months ago and re-painted. I on the other hand would not be happy with the re-heat seeing that the issue may return. Anyway, went down the customer support route (Peugeot UK) and within 12 hours got a reply from France to say that they will replace ALL rusty parts as a 'good will gesture'. So hopefully this will get done next week if they can get the parts in.

I would have taken this further if they hadn't of course, I can't see how any new car should show signs of rust, and I certainly would not have cleaned them and painted them myself as told to other members here it seems!.

I will let you know how it goes, once it comes back from the dealer!?

Brian

Otherwise I like my car :)

Nice route to go down, love your approach. Does seem odd to find rust when it had not even left the showroom.