What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A video guide to cleaning wheels

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've been meaning to do this for quite some time and finally found some time to make a start.

A series of video guides on the various parts of car cleaning /detailing.

The first set are all about the process (my process) for

cleaning alloys (outer faces)
cleaning alloys (rears)
cleaning wheel arches
cleaning tyres.

Always clean your wheels BEFORE cleaning the car as you will get splatter and you don't want that on a newly cleaned car.

Note: the wheels were power washed down before I start touching them, to remove as much dirt as possible before using the brushes - to minimise the risk of scratches.

Video 1 - Cleaning Alloys (outer faces)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytdiAk1d ... ata_player

Video 2 - Cleaning Alloys (rear of wheels)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyrRC52_ ... ata_player

Video 3 - Cleaning Alloys (Wheel Arches)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAdxSoOy ... ata_player

Video 4 - Cleaning Alloys (Tyres)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX6kGVGk ... ata_player

More videos will follow over time, of all the different processes of car detailing. I hope you will find them useful :)

A

Anonymous

Brilliant kerry. Well done and thank you.
You could bring out a whole series.
Ha Ha. Move over junkman.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

RCZ1

Reaction score
Thanks Ian.

I think I have a way to go, to challenge Junkman :). It's not easy cleaning your wheels with one hand, whilst holding your phone in the other, trying to video what you are doing.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've just removed the videos for the moment as they need to be a higher quality. I'll get them back on shortly.

A

Anonymous

You need to get you other half to film them in future I think. :grin:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

RCZ1

Reaction score
Videos are uploaded as High Quality now. If you have any problems viewing them, let me know.

The last two videos won't work on Tapatalk for me, but do work if I log on to the forum, in the conventional way.

A

Anonymous

Top work to that lady!! An impressive effort and a top idea! Really appreciate you taking the time to create and post these. Great stuff! :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
bigmac3161 said:
Any more homemade movies u'd care to share :)

You'd be surprised, my friend ;) ............................................................................. I've got home decorating, flower arranging and more :grin:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info K

By the way didn't you have a white RCZ? I'm sure last time I posted you did? probably old age on my part.

Guess by your insert you have a Moroccan Red, if so is that a metallic colour? My current RCZ is black and she looks awesome when detailed but I'm bout to order me new R and the only colour that looks half attractive and one that will glisten when cleaned in my view is the M.Red.

cheers

Goid

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Gold

Yes you are right I did have a pearl white RCZ but traded that in for my beautiful Moroccan Red, which is metallic.

I get much more satisfaction out of detailing the red - its much more rewarding, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I adore the RCZ in white but the red is just beautiful in the sunshine.

Go for it :)