What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A Tall Guy But A Short Legged Drivers Seat.

Dezmag54

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Girls (Note the PC),

I've recently bought a 2nd-hand 2010 1.6 156BHP car which I'm most impressed with other than I'm 6'-0" & for some unapparent reason my electric right-hand drivers seat does not retract as much of my very liberal & comfortable passenger set does, so I'm slight crunched up when driving especially on my clutch pedal.

Therefore, even after electrically going back as far as I can my drivers seat will it still considerably has a short leg length than my passenger seat, so can any body either confirm this is normal, to stop my time wasting investigation into this, or elaborate how I can achieve the same leg room as my passengers enjoy, that I would be well content with?

I do hope this one & only difficulty I have with the car is just simply a minor adjustment & is not going to be a nagging point for years to come so please assist me if possible, I plead!

Cheers.

Des Maguire.

wilsofar

Reaction score
I’m the same height and don’t have any problems,in fact the seat will go back about 6” further if needed.

However when I bought mine the electric adjustment was completely shot.I found a child’s seaside spade wedged in the mechanism preventing any meaningful adjustment.

But- clearing that only half solved the problem as I later found out that one of the motors was duff which wasn’t too expensive to have changed by my local friendly garage (evidently a regular repair on many cars!)

So firstly a cursory rummage under the seat for any foreign bodies then a chat to your local garage.

Danoctoman

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Girls (Note the PC),

I've recently bought a 2nd-hand 2010 1.6 156BHP car which I'm most impressed with other than I'm 6'-0" & for some unapparent reason my electric right-hand drivers seat does not retract as much of my very liberal & comfortable passenger set does, so I'm slight crunched up when driving especially on my clutch pedal.

Therefore, even after electrically going back as far as I can my drivers seat will it still considerably has a short leg length than my passenger seat, so can any body either confirm this is normal, to stop my time wasting investigation into this, or elaborate how I can achieve the same leg room as my passengers enjoy, that I would be well content with?

I do hope this one & only difficulty I have with the car is just simply a minor adjustment & is not going to be a nagging point for years to come so please assist me if possible, I plead!

Cheers.

Des Maguire.

Danoctoman

Reaction score
You should able to find a comfortable seating distance, so must be as seat motor or jam somewhere?
It’s been mentioned in past reviews the RCZ suits drivers with short legs and long arm, if you want to reach the centre console with ease.
At 5.2 its ideal for me…. 😉

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
As a quick check, does your drivers seat back touch the rear seats? mine (almost) does.

Pedro

Reaction score
I'm over 6' 2 & I can sit very comfortably so maybe the memory reset is not functioning correctly but they will stop just short of the rear seat as Oakey points out