What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A small warning.

FGRob

Reaction score
I called in my local dealership over the weekend, just getting some top-up oil. :eusa-whistle: Got talking to the sales guy I brought the car off who was asking how things were going, eventually we were talking about some of the issues that have come up with the car which have been mentioned on here, he then told me they currently had an RCZ in the repair shop waiting for a new engine at a replacement cost of £7K :wtf: :shock: It appears our cars don't like flood water, the owner had gone through a flood a bit quickly and the air inlet at the front of the car sucked the lot in - bang went the engine, so if you do happen to come across a flood - take your time, no trying to set the biggest bow wave record, it will cost you.

Rob. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks FGRob....a timely reminder with all this current rain.

I've also been told that having the Air Conditioning on when going through floods / fords / etc can also result in water being "sucked in" to the engine with the result of Game Over virtually immediately.

I tend to leave the A/C off completely now when it's raining....just to be on the safe side. Probably overkill on my part.

A

Anonymous

Don't leave your windows open :) People these cars aren't cross-country vehicles and don't come with snorkles, fording is not an option for most road vehicles. Thanks for the warning though, it makes you think. What is the fording depth of an RCZ?