What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A review of Angelwax H2Go

RCZ1

Reaction score
I was so impressed with this product I had to share my experiences with it.

My usual rain repellent had stopped working after being applied 14 months ago and had completed nearly 14k miles. I had none of my usual rain repellent left so decided to apply Angelwax H2GO on my windscreen for the interim.

Angelwax H2Go
What is it

It's a water / rain repellent for car windows. It creates a hydrophobic coating on glass. I applied 2 coats to my windscreen 2 days ago. Applied one coat, left for 15 minutes to haze and then buffed off with considerable ease with a microfibre cloth. The second coat was then applied and the same process used.

"This surface coating prevents rain and other unexpected water from remaining on windscreens, windows and makes driving in extreme weather conditions much safer. Rain and any other water that does make contact with the surface of the glass will simply bead and roll off at speeds as low as 20mph making this one of the best performing rain repellents available today."

Application: Before applying H2GO, thoroughly clean the surface of the glass to be treated with ‘Superior Automotive Glass Cleaner’.

How does it perform
Today I had a 30 mile journey to do (one way) which happened to be in torrential rain. As I set off, the water started to run off the windscreen from 25mph and just kept repelling. Cars were driving with their wipers on double speed. Me? I didn't need any wipers.

This product is magnificent. It repels water in much smaller beads than my usual rain repellent but that's to no detrimental effect. Water is constantly moving and just flows off the screen.

I also applied this to the windscreen of my husband's Land Rover. This already had my usual rain repellent on but due to the rake of his windscreen not being that good, he had to get up to 45mph or more before the water started to move. He wanted something that would make the water move at a lower speed, so I put one coat of H2GO on top. In the same torrential rain today, he told me that the rain was moving off the windscreen at 30mph. He also is very impressed with H2GO.

"Angelwax ‘H2GO’ has been rigorously tested in the Angelwax laboratory and by the best detailers in the business to ensure that we have formulated yet another perfect product for your vehicle."

Angelwax ‘H2GO’ is available ready to use in a 100ml spray bottle at a cost of £4.95 (before forum discount).

Conclusion
This is a fantastic product at a bargain price and one I will definitely be using again. This product has left me seriously impressed.

I don't expect the same durability as my usual rain repellent but even if I have to apply it once a month, it's still a cracking product for the price. I will update this thread on how it performs on a regular basis.

Go on folks, get yourself a bargain :thumbup: I know I am :)

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

I'll be interested to see the durability of this product but it already appears to be a bargain. Only thing is that delivery is 3/5ths of that again so makes sense to me to wait until I need some other items.

Really interesting and helpful post though Kerry!! Thanks!! :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes, I forgot to mention that I don't expect durability to be anything like my usual rain repellent. However, I would expect it to last around 2 months, if not more. I will update this regularly with how it is performing.

Agree about delivery charges but as you say, wait until you have a few items to order.

A

Anonymous

What is the shelf life like? Your "usual" repellent isn't that good. Can this stuff be bulk bought to offset the postal charges?

RCZ1

Reaction score
My "usual" ones shelf life is ok. It's the paint coatings where the shelf life degrades, especially once it's opened. I can't see H2Go will deteriorate in the bottle. BUT you being you Ron, I don't think I'd order 10 bottles. Maybe just 2 or 3 ;)

tianorth

Reaction score
Snowy87 said:
Where can you buy this from Kerry as a member purchase?

:beer:

If you are ordering some and it's as good as people are saying I'll be interested can split p & p with you as well.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Yes, I forgot to mention that I don't expect durability to be anything like my usual rain repellent. However, I would expect it to last around 2 months, if not more. I will update this regularly with how it is performing.

Agree about delivery charges but as you say, wait until you have a few items to order.

Depends on how much it rains ;)

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

If you was to believe what our TV weather forecasters say, it does nothing but rain north of the borders. The tag line is always "and it will be wet in Scotland" damn big country but hey it must be wet in all parts of it according them :eek:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
donnaj1dlh said:

If you was to believe what our TV weather forecasters say, it does nothing but rain north of the borders. The tag line is always "and it will be wet in Scotland" damn big country but hey it must be wet in all parts of it according them :eek:

But we get all sorts of rain..

Cold rain,
Warm(ish) rain
Horizontal rain
Vertical rain
Stair-rod rain
Misty rain
Sunny rain
Frozen rain

A

Anonymous

Ordered 2 bottles of this as i was out of my usual glass sealant .
Great review Kerry and thanks for sharing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2