What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A pain to fill up!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a new one, my RCZ has now become a nuisance to put petrol in.
Three tanks now it has constantly made different fuel pumps click off every 20 seconds or so.
Any one come across this before?

Thanks.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Happened to me the other day where the pump just wouldn’t tend then as I moved the nozzle in and out and left and right the fuel suddenly splashed out! It seems like you have to get the nozzle just right. :roll:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve had this issue before with other cars, but not yet with my Z. It’s is often just the fuel pump nozzle that causes the problem, if the fuel foams as it goes in, the sensitive cut off sensor in the nozzle clicks off. If you try not pulling the trigger fully so it goes in a little slower, that usually does the trick.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
We still have attendants at most places, and some even wash the screen. :thumbup:
A euro is much appreciated and gets you good service. :clap:
They know their pumps so usually not a problem.
But the Zero has an immediate bend from a filler cap on the rear panel, into small tank, so "lentamente" (slowly) is the instruction. ;)

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
First time it's done it in over a year.
Bit of a pain as I use the pump clicking off to calculate mpg.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk