What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A few engine errors

yloops

Reaction score
Keep us updated on this one. Keen to hear if its veen sorted. And what needed to be done to sort it.

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Since changing the spark plugs I've done about 500-600 miles with no juddering issues. However I believe there is still low compression in Cylinders 2 and 3 as I can feel that there should be a little more power available.

I'm not planning on going anywhere in January but in February I'm going to have a service and get the timing chain replaced then do another dry and wet compression test.

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Here another update:

I had a mobile mechanic look at the car today to quote on a few things and asked about the loss of compression in Cylinders 2 and 3.

It took him a minute to figure out that the bundle of tape stuck down the bolt hole between 2 of the cylinders was the cause as the bolt isn't screwed in properly and could be broken/threaded.

So pissed off that a garage charged me £180 to investigate that.

The mobile mechanic will be back to investigate further.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
That's unreal can you not get any money back from the garage you first went to... £180 is a bit steep for nothing...

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
I'm going to try.
They open at 8:30am and close at 5:30pm and don't open weekends so it's pretty hard to get there when I work 9-5 so I'll take some time out over lunch, go there and see what happens.