What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A couple of quick questions

BillyMcR

Reaction score
Hi folks. New to the RCZ scene and i promise i have had a look to see if i could find answers to these two questions.

1- Lots of chat about Discs for Sat Nav update (NG4 568x320) but where do I order the discs from and based on some of the issues that appear after the update is it actually worth the hassle?

2. My Sat Nav very occasionally sticks when going up or down. What is the best way to tackle this, is it just good old WD40?

Many thanks in advance

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are reasonably competent you can get the maps and firmware online for gratis, put them on a USB drive and update it yourself.
I've used the same site for all of my Nav equipped Peugeots over the years, with no problems.

BillyMcR

Reaction score
If you are reasonably competent you can get the maps and firmware online for gratis, put them on a USB drive and update it yourself.
I've used the same site for all of my Nav equipped Peugeots over the years, with no problems.

thanks for the quick response, do you have a reputable site you can recommend for the download updates?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I always used gps underground, but the last time I tried the site it appears it may have closed down 🤔

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure I should post a link I'd rather not get in trouble with the Administrator.

Search for gps power. From my understanding it used to be GPS underground, but that went pop for some reason or other.

As I say I've used it plenty of times with no issue.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
As for the screen sticking, do you have any flickering when the screen is on?
The sticking could be the cable that is catching. This has been reported before & usually ends in a new cable being required. You could always just give a liberal squirt of WD40 though, it does work wonders on almost anything.

BillyMcR

Reaction score
As for the screen sticking, do you have any flickering when the screen is on?
The sticking could be the cable that is catching. This has been reported before & usually ends in a new cable being required. You could always just give a liberal squirt of WD40 though, it does work wonders on almost anything.

Fortunately no flickering when the screen is on.

I will try the WD40 tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks

Jumper

Reaction score
I have taken my NG4 sat nav out to repair a flickering screen and noticed that the right hand side of the unit has a curled multi wire cable with a grey sleeve over it. That cable can easily get caught thus slowing down the opening process. After I did the repair I removed the black clip that holds it in place freeing it up for a smoother open/close movement. Mine works a lot smoother now plus I repaired the flickering screen.