What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

A couple of questions

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone. Hopefully there's an expert handy! Did I read correctly that the RCZ has no spare tyre?
Also, does anyone know if Sandra's hubby is still making the keyrings? They look like a must-have accessory to me! I tried to pm her but the message is sitting in my outbox and I can't seem to send it.
Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Can confirm that there's no spare tyre - instead you get a repair kit which is a compressor hooked up to a canister of gunk. You attach this to the valve if you get a flat and it fills the tyre, sealing the puncture and enabling you to drive (a short distance at a reduced speed) to get a replacement.

Haven't had any experience of using these kits previously, but others on the forum seem to have.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that - it sounds a bit scary though, if replacement tyres are hard to come by? Would the AA know what to do with it? I somehow can't see myself handling that scenario very well!

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Oakville.

Yep it's a difficult position as you are not overed by the standard Peugeot recovery for flat which if you combine that with no jack then ti does make for an interesting day.

As for tyres, take a look at this thread, it will give you an idea of the problems that can be faced cost-tyres-for-wheels-t457.html

Rob.

A

Anonymous

You can order a Jack and spare wheel (full size) from your dealer

A

Anonymous

My prospective local dealer said I could purchase tyre and alloy insurance for £300 that would cover up to 5 replacement tyres in 3 years (as well as alloy damage up to £100). This sounds too good to be true as no one else on here has mentioned it.... or am I missing something?

FGRob

Reaction score
Paul Bannister said:
You can order a Jack and spare wheel (full size) from your dealer
Any idea how much, also what about securing it in the boot can it be stored in the wheel well ??

A

Anonymous

Just out of interest I popped into my local kwik fit yesterday - they had 235/40 19s in stock (bridgestones)

A

Anonymous

I live in a very rural area and the roads are in a terrible condition. My husband's previous car only had the same tyre repair kit as the RCZ. Fine for a small puncture but he had a tyre shredded after being forced over to the edge of the road by an oncoming speeding car (no kerbs and edges are jagged, potholed or have fallen away). He had to wait hours for the AA. After that, he kept a spare in the boot.

I've no faith in these repair kits. Luckily, we now have a good relationship with a local mobile tyre company but it doesn't solve the problem if I'm away from home and something happens. Didn't realise the RCZ doesn't have a jack though. I guess Peugeot's thinking is that if the repair kit doesn't work, you will need it professionally replaced anyway.

My 207cc had a spare wheel, tools etc but despite it being surrounded by polystyrene, it banged and rattled like hell. Even numerous towels and bubble wrap padded under and around it, didn't stop it completely. Drove me nuts.