What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

8th Annual RCZ Yorkshire Meet - Saturday 18th May 2019

RCZ1

Reaction score

This is a heads up to put the date in your diary for 2019. More details will be posted up in the next few weeks once they have been finalised.

North Yorkshire Moors National Park, Yorkshire Wolds, Howardian Hills and surrounding areas.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi you can put myself and Karen down 100%

And of course The Grey Lady

Hope the weathers as good as this years meet

Drive safe...Les n co...

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Ok, I have thought about it.

Yeah I'll go and my car, I'll ask the misses nearer the time ( gives her less time to change her mind !! ) :shock:

wilsofar

Reaction score
In my diary -the picture of the Moors reminded me of being allowed to drive the family Minor when I was 14 (1962) when you wouldn't see another car for 10 miles and I don't think much has changed since!

Subsequently after I had my own Minor I had to be rescued from snow covered roads by a local farmer and tractor who turned me round and after much wheel spinning just made the crest of the last hill before coasting down to the main road.

Happy days!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I’m gutted the 18th of May clashes with next years Euro meet which is on the 19th of May I love the Yorkshire meet have done for the last 4 years but I’m going to have to miss the next one :cry: the potential to drive in convoy with over 100 RCZ’s from all over Europe is just something I can’t miss.
I’m sure you’ll all have a fab time and look forward to seeing some great photos of the meet :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Well I’m gutted the 18th of May clashes with next years Euro meet which is on the 19th of May I love the Yorkshire meet have done for the last 4 years but I’m going to have to miss the next one :cry: the potential to drive in convoy with over 100 RCZ’s from all over Europe is just something I can’t miss.
I’m sure you’ll all have a fab time and look forward to seeing some great photos of the meet :beer:

I think I'm going to stop posting on the forum. ( since my recent posts have been screwed up )

The above is true, so soz I'm out.

Unless the dates change?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Yorkshire Meet was always going to be on the same weekend as the Zealand Meet due to the Zealand Meet being brought forward a week. We hold it on the same weekend every year now as it misses the two busy bank holidays that we have in May.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Official Attendance List
Kez Thirkettle and John
Sharon Mason and Bri
Stephen Gray and Marie
Kevin Wozza Worrall
Sophie Ree and Steven Maverick

Maybe
Peter Garratt

DKZ5745

Reaction score
We always tend to be away for our wedding anniversary which is 17th May, so probably won’t be able to attend :cry:

If anything changes we would love to be there again. If not, hope all goes well & everyone has a great time :thumbup:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Well, I was going to hold the Western Spain meet that weekend too, but I guess it'll just be me (Billy no mates) in the car park talking amongst myself; no change there then. unless 'er-in-doors shouts "WHAT?". :(
"Pardon?"
Scintillating conversation as always! :cry:
La Gata Negra will just sharpen her claws on .... anything close by. :twisted:

Attachments

• claws.jpg
    claws.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 2,106

DanRo

Reaction score
Due to the European elections on the weekend of the 25th, the European Meeting is taking place on the 19th of May

Unfortunaly because of this the Yorkshire Meeting and the European RCZ Meeting in Zeeland or on the same weekend.
So it will be a tuff choice for those how where planning to do both of the meets, sorry for that.

Maybe this Yorkshire meet can take place in Zeeland and we join force to have an even bigger meet :eusa-whistle:

No just kidding it's a luxury problem to have to choose between these two epic meetings

Next year no elections so next year we will have two different weekend again.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I must admit it is something that I forgot when I made my first post.

It really is a double blow because I class Yorkshire Meet as our meet, to explain....

Out of all the meetings throughout the year, the Yorkshire meet is on my door step and I'm a Yorkshireman. I have always been made welcome and enjoyed the day and lovely food along with all who attend.
So, for the meet to co-inside with the Euro meet is a blow, but the European meet is not just a meet - it's a bit of a holiday and the chance to see what our European cousins are doing with their Z's and maybe bring a few ideas home.

It is for this reason that I will unfortunately be missing at next years Yorkshire Meeting, so I hereby wish that all who attend have a fabulous time and the day is a huge success for Kerry and all who help to make the day a rememberable one.

Regards Mick.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

It really is a double blow because I class Yorkshire Meet as our meet, to explain....

Out of all the meetings throughout the year, the Yorkshire meet is on my door step and I'm a Yorkshireman. I have always been made welcome and enjoyed the day and lovely food along with all who attend.
So, for the meet to co-inside with the Euro meet is a blow, but the European meet is not just a meet - it's a bit of a holiday and the chance to see what our European cousins are doing with their Z's and maybe bring a few ideas home.

It is for this reason that I will unfortunately be missing at next years Yorkshire Meeting, so I hereby wish that all who attend have a fabulous time and the day is a huge success for Kerry and all who help to make the day a rememberable one.

Regards Mick.

That’s very kind of you to say Mick and it is unfortunate that Zeeland and Yorkshire do clash in 2019. Hopefully it shouldn’t happen again.

Enjoy Zeeland, I’m sure you will.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Updated list

Official Attendance List
Kez Thirkettle and John
Sharon Mason and Bri
Stephen Gray and Marie
Kevin Wozza Worrall
Sophie Ree and Steven Maverick Lawrence
Tim Bramley and Faye
Angela Carter and Paul
Rachel Ashley
Chris Newton

Maybe
Peter Garratt
Craig Baxendale

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Plecodoras said:

Regards Mick.

That’s very kind of you to say Mick and it is unfortunate that Zeeland and Yorkshire do clash in 2019. Hopefully it shouldn’t happen again.

Enjoy Zeeland, I’m sure you will.

Thank you Kerry I really hope you all have as much fun as we have had on the last two Yorkshire meetings.
I do kick myself that I missed two meetings because I was a sleeping forum member from 2015 and as such missed the 2015 and 2016 meetings - all my own fault.
Anyway I wish you success and lovely weather to add upto a day to remember - cheers M. :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sorry been out the loop here since Tapatalk no longer works on the forum.

An update:

With just a little over a month to go until the 8th annual Yorkshire Meet on Saturday 18th May 2019,it’s time to make menu choices. If you could let me know either by commenting in this thread or PM, by Friday 7th June.

If there is more than one in your group, can you tell me each person’s individual food choices. Just makes it easier on the day. Thank you.

Here is a link to the menu.
http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/menu.htm

The meet will be starting at The Lion, Blakey Ridge from around 10.30am. Drinks can be obtained and general banter to be had and of course look at lots of gorgeous RCZs. We plan to start the drive from 12.30pm (route to follow) and finish back at The Lion for 4.30pm where the table is booked for us.

If anyone is going interested in attending then please comment in this thread and I will add your name to the list.
We currently have 19 cars attending from the RCZ Owners Group on Facebook. Don’t miss out on the largest RCZ Meet in the UK.

LannyFick

Reaction score
Hi would love to join you all at this Yorkshire meet. Been browsing this forum for a while & now that I have my RCZ would love to meet other enthusiasts for this mark.

I'm Rob & my better half is Karen (will be trying to get her to come with a nights stay in York thrown in as a bribe)

Not on the Facebook thing so can't join the group there, but please count me in on this.

I will be travelling from Blackpool on the morning so if anyone else is going from this area would be happy to join a convoy.

Cheers :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi there, I will add you to the list. If you could let me know your food choices as soon as possible that would be great.
Look forward to meeting you both.