What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

8 weeks old and I love it more each drive!

A

Anonymous

Hi there from snow bound Essex! 8 weeks ago I was surprised by my darling husband with a birthday present to surpass all others: a stunning Mercury Grey RCZ. To say I was incredulous was an understatement! I had seen the car in the press when shown off at the Frankfurt Car Show several years ago and was massively impressed. Never thought I'd have one though. When I saw the first advert, I wanted one but again, it was a pipedream. Now, it isn't - I'm often looking at it on my driveway. I can't find enough reasons to drive it. I can't put in to words what a joy it is to drive; how many times it turns heads on the road; how many times I've been stopped by other petrol heads who want to look inside. I'm impressed with the economy considering I'm mainly a town driver: 40-45mpg. My 4 year old loves sitting in her car seat in the back cos she can see out of the 'big window above' her head. It looks like a big cat about to pounce - where ever you park it, it stands out. Does it sound like I like it quite a lot? You're right. With other sports cars we've had, I've always taken the opportunity to give them a work out when an available road has come up. This car though, it's such a refined drive that I simply don't feel the need to. It does what it says so far and, no doubt once I've run the engine in, it'll do the speeds I might want to do too. I can't wait!

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum!

Ah...another person who has the car :clap: ...I want mine!! :eusa-whistle:

Pictures! we want pictures of that beauty!

Also, I agree about rear seats, the view is awesome (if you can move your head up (I can't...)

welcome!

A

Anonymous

Hi dawnch and welcome to the forum. Another female member AND another owner of the mercury :dance: :thumbup: . I've had Freddie now for 6 weeks, one day and five-and-three-quarter hours but who's counting :lol: !!! Like you I can't really put into words how special driving this car is and although I always loved driving anyway, this just takes it to another level. Enjoy the forum and continue your love affair with your mercury beauty. Oh, and pics would be good :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi dawnch and welcome to the forum from another mercury owner (well soon anyway - it comes in January) :greetings-wavingblue: It's amazing but I haven't seen any posts at all where owners are less than delighted. We're on a winner I think.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your warm welcome and replies. This is the first time ever that I've taken such an interest in a car - probably because this is my car, rather than my husband's which I was able to drive. It's also the first car I've washed myself! Although, of course, I did have to be tutored by my hubby as to how to wash it correctly - lol. Cars are his passion and I've now got an inkling of what he means. I've never been in a forum either before so this is exciting too. I've spotted another RCZ and we waved like mad at eachother - I think the woman beside him was slightly unimpressed! Yep, Mercury Grey is lovely and I'll have a go at putting a photo on.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Dawn and welcome to the forum from another female forum member :greetings-wavingblue:

It sounds like you are really enjoying your RCZ and what a wonderful surprise by your husband - you must be spoilt rotten :thumbup:

I agree with you, it is such a fantastic car to drive and the attention they get is amazing. I notice in another thread that you are hoping to be at the February meet so hopefully we can all meet then.

Glad your husband is teaching you the correct ways to wash and car for your car - you've got to look after her you know (don't know if your have decided if she's male or female yet?).

Look forward to seeing some pics of your new toy.