What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

6 Month Review of Pearl

RCZ1

Reaction score
21:24
Well I've had my beloved Pearl for 6 months now and covered 3,500 miles.

Firstly, as you all probably know by now, I'm very very fond of the pearl White paintwork.  I think it's an absolutely gorgeous colour and is just glorious in the sun.

I couldn't mention the RCZ without saying what a stunning design Peugeot came up with.  She gets admiring glances wherever we go and people always want to ask questions.  The best compliment I've had was to say that it looked like a Porsche.  Can't say better than that!
The design was what drew me to the car in the first place and it still makes me stand and admire her each time I open the garage door.

I have the 156 Sport model.  Now I chose this model as the extra toys that came with the GT were not a requirement of mine.  The main dislike were the 19 inch wheels.  My mother is really the only passenger that I have and I was concerned about the harder ride on the bigger tyres and how comfortable she would be, so the Sport was the better option for me.  The only bugbear was the fact that you could not specify leather seats as an option.  I realise this is what sets the models apart (amongst other things) but it would have been nice.....!
Anyway, it all turned out perfectly as I had my cloth interior re-trimmed in fine Nappa leather with the RCZ logo stitched on the headrest, which gave me a unique RCZ AND I had the exact car I wanted and saved some money too.  I wouldn't hesitate in having seats re-trimmed in any of my future cars.

The cabin is a lovely place to be. Very comfortable and everything to hand.  I know some people are not keen on the controls being behind the steering wheel, but I like them and don't distract from the steering wheel.  The cabin gives a feeling of luxury with the "fake" leather trim - a nice touch.

Fuel economy has been pretty good and is improving all the time.  Managed to get 450 miles out of the tank last week with 44mpg.  The 2nd computer on the car I have not reset since I've had the car and that is showing an average of 38.3mpg.  It was very low due to the low speeds which I was driving when we had the bad weather back in November and December. I was not getting above 25mph on my commute to and from work but it's going up all the time now.

Pulling power in low gears is excellent and personally gives me more than enough power for my needs.  I also like to play games from time to time with the car behind, making the spoiler rise and lower, automatically of course!

The car offers such a stable ride and has such poise especially on bendy country roads. Hardly, if any, body roll.  Acceleration out of bends is phenomenal.  It's also such a great cruiser.  You do tend to feel bumps at low speed but at higher speeds no such problems.  One arm on the adjustable centre console, cruising around the town, such a great pastime.  Watch the heads turn as you go.

The USB ipod connection is brilliant.  Allows me to have my full music library with me at all times and gives full control of all playlists. A great piece of engineering from Peugeot. The standard sound system is good too, concert like sound.  The Bluetooth connectivity for the telephone is also excellent and so easy to use.  Quality spot on.

The backseats, well you can't really call them seats and I won't ever have any passengers in the back so really I would have preferred it if they were not there at all.  A blooming pain to climb in the back to clean and protect the leather on those seats too.  Almost impossible to get back out.

This leads me on to cleaning the RCZ.  It's a lovely car to clean.  Running your hands over all those curves is just amazing.  There are no horrible nooks and crannies that are difficult to get to.  Just very simple, curvy lines.  A very enjoyable car to clean.  The only drawback is the roof, which seems to mark very easily so I always pat dry but even so some marks still occur but are removed quite easily with a light polish.  I'm thinking of buying a Black Baron. A drying device blowing out warm air which means you don't have to touch the car at all to dry.

My favourite thing - the view through the wing mirrors of those gorgeous rear haunches.  

So after 6 months I'm still very much in love with my RCZ.  I've had trouble free motoring (fingers crossed this continues) and so far nothing that I really dislike about the car.

There's quite a lot of scope to personalise your RCZ and I'm not sure I've finished with Pearl yet...... We'll see.......!

A

Anonymous

:thumbup: very good write up did you test drive the gt to feel the difference in the firmer ride ! only after having the gt the ride still feels not overly firm dont know if that is to do with the well sprung seats or not ! and have not noticed to much road noise with the 19" wheels but have to agree this is a special car and has restored my faith in pug had a new 207cc for wife had to be exchanged with paint issues next one had a rattle on roof that was never sorted but kept the faith traded it for the rcz RESULT :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
No I didn't test drive the GT model. I didn't test drive any model :eusa-think:

I was inpatient and ordered my RCZ before they were released so none to test drive. But I'm very happy with the my car so I've no regrets. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

can i just ask about the ipod.. so the car's audio system just acts like a docking system??

A

Anonymous

Well after 6 months and 15,000 miles, I still can't wait to get in my RCZ every morning (yes that includes work :shock: )

I test drove the sport model and order the GT, didn't really feel much difference in the road with the different wheel sizes.

Starting to see more RCZ's around now which is nice, couple of flashes and the odd wave reminds me of the old Mini days of motoring.

Happy driving and maybe see some of you out on the roads.

Beef

A

Anonymous

manelin said:
can i just ask about the ipod.. so the car's audio system just acts like a docking system??

i didn't dare to ask, because i thought this was talked over thousands of times :lol:

but same question from my side... which ipod gen do you own and do you use it as harddisk or in normal ipod mode?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I suppose the car's audio system does act like a docking system. Just plug your ipod into the USB socket in the armrest between the front seats and away you go. Full control of your playlists, artists and genres all from the steering wheel - great stuff.

I have an ipod classic Gen 4 but my ipod classic Gen 2 also works too and just used in normal ipod mode.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I suppose the car's audio system does act like a docking system. Just plug your ipod into the USB socket in the armrest between the front seats and away you go. Full control of your playlists, artists and genres all from the steering wheel - great stuff.

I have an ipod classic Gen 4 but my ipod classic Gen 2 also works too and just used in normal ipod mode.

Hope this helps.

yes its helpfull.. thanks... but do you have the navigation system.... because

NG4 Sat Nav.....Cant believe in this day and age that it will not play and control iPods directly when connected to usb, having to use aux is just a pain, plus iPod does not charge

http://peugeotrczforum.co.uk/assesment-after-2500-miles-t1798.html

RCZ1

Reaction score
No I don't have the navigation system but would have thought that the USB connection would have worked with that system also.

A

Anonymous

My only grumble is via USB you can't play MP4 files... :thumbdown: that's about 80% of my music library (and I'll never have the time to convert them all!).