What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

4H Tech Short Shifter FITTED to my R...

ChrisS

Reaction score
4H Tech Short Shifter FITTED to my R... The conclusion...

So how to sum up my thoughts... "WOW" would be a good place to start. In my view this is how ALL RCZs (least R versions) should have been from the factory... It is so much more focused and mated to faster/sportier driving. Throw feel is GREAT, its really short but not hard to shift up and down the box. Its bloody BRILLIANT infact. Transforms the driving experience. I implore you all to get one!! I've added some video below, I tried using a protractor for the "before" shot but angle and space to hold it didnt work but you can see how far the 'stock throw' is - and that is relatively short to start with. Then video 2 is the throw with the short shifter fitted. BRILLIANT. Love it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5ekp5zk8myRQwdQp6

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Great review there :clap: I’ve been looking at this modification myself but wondered how it would go but obviously your delighted with the results so definitely worth trying :thumbup: how easy is it to fit? Is it a diy or garage job? :beer:

ChrisS

Reaction score
Yeah it's brilliant. Definitely recommended.

Apparently DIY if you are that way inclined. I had a garage do it. It took just over an hour to fit..

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably better with a lift to get better access I’ll let my mechanic tackle it cheers :beer:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
ChrisS said:
Yeah it's brilliant. Definitely recommended.

Apparently DIY if you are that way inclined. I had a garage do it. It took just over an hour to fit..

Nice short shifts! :greetings-wavingblue:
Did your R had the factory short shifter installed? My R came with the sport package which had that short shifter on board.

ChrisS

Reaction score
Hi not sure it had fairly short shifts compared to other cars, but this 4h one is great. It's obviously not sequential but it's so short it almost feels a bit sequential shift. Love it.

ChrisS

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Probably better with a lift to get better access I’ll let my mechanic tackle it cheers :beer:

That's what I'd do!

Kez1256

Reaction score
Can these short shifters be fitted to other rcz such as thp 156 sport?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the 4H tech linkage is available for the 156. :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I think if you have a lift it would be an easy job but if not could be tricky

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
According to the original post sounds worth trying :thumbup:

Nemi

Reaction score
I will add this short shifter to my wish list :roll:

ChrisS

Reaction score
Hi

Install by the garage who did it for me took just over an hour. Didn't need to lift the car, you take the air intake out and then can get access.

It makes a huge difference to how tight and short the throw/change feels - definitely worth it in my view.

And yes the "p shift" is suitable for all the Peugeot 6 speed transmission cars, but not hue diesel.

Their website lists compatibility.

Flanners

Reaction score
I'm sure my R has this on it, I cant imagine the throw being any shorter than it currently is, was this an option?

ChrisS

Reaction score
It is shortER than a normal rcz but trsut me, it goes shorter. And it's great.