What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

4grand repair..but love my car....

Flippinfoxy

Reaction score
Gutted..huge fault discovered and Friday pay to have my baby back...only worth about 6grand but seriously I couldn't let her go.

Basically need reassurance I'm not batty.😭

Flippinfoxy

Reaction score
What on earth did you do to it to need a 4k repair??
Ha ha... not my fault. Engine fault on dash and exhaust defuser also chain fault..was driving as if something sticking but ignored it till fault come up.
Honest I could have cried.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Whoops.
Chain is a sub 1k job these days.

Mine was about 1k when I had mine done. Chain, tensioners, guides and VVT sprockets.

I drew a line under mine when the clutch started making a chattering and a mooing.

Flippinfoxy

Reaction score
Whoops.
Chain is a sub 1k job these days.

Mine was about 1k when I had mine done. Chain, tensioners, guides and VVT sprockets.

I drew a line under mine when the clutch started making a chattering and a mooing.
Peugeot probably taking my eyes out but they reckon it will be like having a new engine so I'm taking heart at that..11hours labour apparently.
It was way beyond my usual mechanic being able to fix unfortunately.Just feel its a fabulous looking car and get such a buzz driving it and just walking up to it that I can't let go but yes if the next fix is a biggy then I would have to part company😭

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow 😮 that’s some repair bill, but I can’t Blame you for paying out it shows true love and dedication to your RCZ, I would do the same,
Thing is you should get a good warranty for that kind of repair.
Hopefully you can now enjoy your pride and joy.

Mrrcz

Reaction score
hi pal I feel your pain as I'm an ex jaguar driver and they are a nightmare for high bills. all good now I got my rcz.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you're not batty I think I might love my RCZ more than the wife as it will never lose its curves or answer me back lol 😂 and there is no other model out there so sexy...
So happy new year and happy motoring in 2020
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀 les and Co

Flippinfoxy

Reaction score
Wow 😮 that’s some repair bill, but I can’t Blame you for paying out it shows true love and dedication to your RCZ, I would do the same,
Thing is you should get a good warranty for that kind of repair.
Hopefully you can now enjoy your pride and joy.
Honestly I can't wait to collect it...the service guys were admiring it..I bought it with loads of extras added which gives it that edge...it was love at first sight💕

Flippinfoxy

Reaction score
I think you're not batty I think I might love my RCZ more than the wife as it will never lose its curves or answer me back lol 😂 and there is no other model out there so sexy...
So happy new year and happy motoring in 2020
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀 les and Co
Lol...cheeky.
I always hand-wash mine the curves and shape are fabulous..😁 bit obsessive keeping it clean.
Happy new year and happy motoring too you also 😊