What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

3rd gen TT... What's the verdict?

A

Anonymous

bazbaz said:
The rear 3/4 window maybe shows some improvement and the lights look menacing for the time being , that is until every 40 tonne lorry and citreon borrows the look. The rs version will be the best looker imo but then we could just wait a few years and buy a 2.0 diesel with the same look exc exhaust. Overall not for me, I would prefer to wait and see what else springs up.

Yeah wait 18 months and get a Black Edition :cool: :cool: :cool:

As i have said before Audi have intentionally priced this car even with the basic spec right out of any RCZ price bracket,A good Specced TT 2.0T/TD S-Line will cost ya £40k
lt has no common ground price wise with any other coupe except in TTS guise= Porsche Boxster and TTRS, Porsche Boxster S.Then the TT BECOMES the better value for money CAR equivalent compared to the Boxster,="RCZ" what l am saying is each car has its OWN nemesis :)

A

Anonymous

I agree Jassy. Pricewise the tt is perched upon a higher branch. However on looks alone, we can compare all automobiles subjectively. Personally the rcz in dolphin blue ;aluminium roof arches ; black wheels ; original front end without chrome bars is the best version of this car. It still holds its own against my other vehicles on looks and for this reason alone, I haven't traded it away. I was interested in the f type coupe( not your thing I believe) but having looked at one, looks wise I will not buy because the car is unbalanced visually. The convertible is better proportioned but don't fancy sending my toothbrush via courier on a long trip away. So for me the rcz has a place in my garage where as a far more expensive jag doesn't make the cut. I just need to find a way of squeezing the v8 into the rcz body :)

A

Anonymous

bazbaz said:
I agree Jassy. Pricewise the tt is perched upon a higher branch. However on looks alone, we can compare all automobiles subjectively. Personally the rcz in dolphin blue ;aluminium roof arches ; black wheels ; original front end without chrome bars is the best version of this car. It still holds its own against my other vehicles on looks and for this reason alone, I haven't traded it away. I was interested in the f type coupe( not your thing I believe) but having looked at one, looks wise I will not buy because the car is unbalanced visually. The convertible is better proportioned but don't fancy sending my toothbrush via courier on a long trip away. So for me the rcz has a place in my garage where as a far more expensive jag doesn't make the cut. I just need to find a way of squeezing the v8 into the rcz body :)

Most ELOQUENTLY put,but in reality Pug just dont have the resourses that the VAG group have or even Jaguar have,the RCZ is what it is -a fine looking car,with family saloon like driving characteristics..

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
a fine looking car,with family saloon like driving characteristics..

Well I hope prospective owners don't buy an rcz hoping for a top tier sportscar experience. Certainly not the 57- 62 mpg diesel version. But as a mass affordable, well proportioned, good looking car ( with family saloon car driving characteristics ) the rcz deserves its place . I hope other manufacturers follow suit if they haven' t done so upto now.

frankvdb

Reaction score
I believe you're wrong.
If you look at the times it achieves on the track you'll find that the RCZ is faster than the average family car and just look at some initial remarks of new forum members on hardness of the ride.
At least the suspension of the RCZ has been modified considerably from that of the 308 to improve its grip.
So it's more than a 308 but anyone who can handle a 308 will also be able to get used to the RCZ.
Also don't underestimate the performance of the HDi which even though it can be driven very economically still is very fast.
I've had mine on 230 km/h and there was more left. Also acceleration in fourth gear is perfect for overtaking. It sure is better than the average family car.
I agree it's not top tier but it's well above average and its looks can compete with top tier sports cars.

A

Anonymous

Hello Frank. I believe you directed your response at me (gladly received) and so I thought I'd clarify my opinion.
Firstly I don't believe my opinion to be wrong, just different/same as other owners.
Secondly, I know plenty about the hdi because I own an rcz diesel and I chose this particular version above all others because I always buy, in my opinion, the best all round version of the car.
Thirdly, the comparison to an average family car was I taking Jassy's words on the subject without entirely being in agreement with him/her. I' m well aware that the car holds the road better than say a focus 1.6/2.0 diesel for example.
But an rcz has plenty left to do if we compare it to, let's say a Lotus Evora when it comes to being a drivers car. Even a cayman falls short of that standard (again my opinion.)
My point was that all cars can't be compared when it comes to performance,handling,budget,etc. but we can compare all cars aesthetically and as I previously stated, my RCZ holds its own in my garage and that is a huge compliment to the Austrian (I think, not sure) who designed this car and to peugeot for making ownership of a beautiful car available to many.
At the used price point this car is extremely good value.

frankvdb

Reaction score
You're right that I meant that jassy is wrong.
I think what you say is fair enough.
Just want to make sure that the RCZ gets the credit it deserves.
The HDi is the perfect car for me.
Pretty sure the design is by Peugeot, so French; the Austrians are merely assembling it.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Also I think that Peugeot have done what is feasible within the confines of the 308 platform to make the car as sporty as it is. It's an unfair comparison with Lotus because that is designed purely as a drivers car from the outset without any compromise with practicality.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Back on topic I think that Audi got inspiration from the 407 coupe for the design of the back:

A

Anonymous

The TT let's face it is just so boring styling wise. Don't get me wrong there are aome brilliant touches in the interior, I.e. The little temperature gauges in the centre of the vents etc and the front styling is good but the rest of it is just dull. But then again we have to admit that audi a renounced for build quality. Will be staying with the Rcz thank you. Here's hoping it's not axed though

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I know there's the old adage, if it ain't broke don't fix it, but c'mon, it looks like, well, like an Audi TT :roll:
I think if I had been re-designing an iconic car I would have wanted to try to bring it up to date a little bit more than changing the shape of the headlights. Yes I know there's more to it than that, but seriously, stand more than 100 meters away & you would struggle to tell it apart from the last one.
Yes of course they will sell sell sell, and I also know that the last thing Audi were probably thinking was " we have to compete with the PUG Z"
Perhaps it's a massive complement to the RCZ that it was so far ahead of its time in design features, that Audi are still going through the process of catching up.
If I was a massive TT fan, and in the market for a new one, I would probably love the new design, but deep down, I'm sure I would have been hoping for something a bit more of a change from the same old same old.
Flare some arches, curve the sides a bit, make it a bit sexier, oh sorry, another company already did all that. :eusa-think: .........
..... THE PEUGEOT RCZ :clap: