What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

3rd gen TT... What's the verdict?

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so it's just out to order, so chances of anyone actually having driven one are slim but I have to say I'm a wee bit disappointed with the look of the thing. The interior looks great but the external refresh isn't much of an update in my opinion. Especially if that's it for another 7 years. It certainly leaves the door wide open for Peugeot to beat them to a more radical styling update when they drop the next version of the RCZ.

To be clear I'm not speaking as biased fan boy either. I had a Mk2 TT as a company car a few years back. Was a good motor but paying a lot for the badge...

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I quite like the front and back, but the side ruins it. Its too flat and boring.
The concept pictures of the 420 look awesome, but again the side profile between the wheels let it down :(

A

Anonymous

The new interior is fantastic but the outside just looks like a mid cycle face lift. Ie new lights and bumper rather than a new version bit disappointing but I'll sell to every hairdresser and estate agent who love those 4 rings. :(

pete.garratt

Reaction score
I saw one at Goodwood earlier this year and, I have to say, wasn't bowled over by the looks. Yes the cabin is very nice in all areas - something Peugeot still need to do a bit of work on in my opinion - but it didn't excite me.

A 'safe' choice if all you want a bragging rights down the pub & eminently sensible but no spark.

renegade79

Reaction score
love the interior. i love the way the sat nav is integrated into the speedo screen. very modern. i also like the new litronic lights but the front is a bit reserved. its not radical enough for me.

A

Anonymous

Ultimately, it's all a little "safe" for me in terms of styling and it isn't exactly innovative below the surface. Yes I like the new Virtua Cockpit thingme but there isn't a whole lot to be excited about there. I haven't studied the option list but the new LEDs headlights are an option. Xenons come as standard. I looked at the Audi TT (amongst others) before plumping for the RCZ at the time and I always felt a little cramped in the inside of it. I'd be interested to see if they have managed to make it a little less claustrophic.

Nice cars...? Yes. Innovative, fresh or exciting...? No. Will it sell...? By the bucketload.

A

Anonymous

Exterior it looks odd to me with a mix of sharp lines at the front then the curvy roof line and rear ? neither one or the other.
Interior looks very modern and the digital dash looks great .

A

Anonymous

I will be honest l don't see the MK3 TT being in competition with the rcz as this car is a good bit more expensive now,as for looks l like it especially the front but would to see one in the flesh to make final judgment as for the interior all Audi are hard to beat,this TT is a good bit lighter than the previous car,so it should be better to drive and faster

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Here's the Roadster, being unveiled at the Paris Motor Show this fall.

And well i can't help but say it: That looks like a very girly car to me :lol:

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure that I don't just think it's a bit...well...boring.

RCZ1

Reaction score
If I bought a TT - it would be the convertible version. This does look a bit boring though. In the flesh it might look better.

A

Anonymous

Theirs a limit to what you can do if you stick with the basic TT concept im afraid.Tried and tested and easy money.The interior is far more impressive than any Peugeot of course.I hope that when and if they launch a new RCZ that they move away from the present design.These cars sell on design alone,so lets have something radical next time. :D :D

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Please, the RCZ was at the time of arrival one of the most radical cars on the road for what you could do with that design.

The next one will undoubtedly still have "reminders" of the 1st gen RCZ.

A

Anonymous

The rear 3/4 window maybe shows some improvement and the lights look menacing for the time being , that is until every 40 tonne lorry and citreon borrows the look. The rs version will be the best looker imo but then we could just wait a few years and buy a 2.0 diesel with the same look exc exhaust. Overall not for me, I would prefer to wait and see what else springs up.