What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

24 hours as a RCZ owner

A

Anonymous

I have had my car now for 24 hours - have done the wax on - wax off thing for 4 enjoyable hours this afternoon. i think i am going to really enjoy owning this car!!!

What MPG should i expact from my 12 month old Diesel varient with 9000 on the clock? I am a high millage motorway user so the car will be sat at 70mph for most of its running life.

Happy days

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your car. Diesels are getting about 55mpg from owners on here but I'm sure those owners will be along to assist you shortly.

We always like to see pics of owners cars so if you get chance then I'm sure we would all like to see them.

Have fun :)

Opal white

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum & happy new RCZ . . . :dance:

I've had my diesel RCZ for four months now & I reckon it's averaging around 45mpg around town & to/from work. If I reset the trip/fuel comp on a decent run 70+mph roads appears to return 52+ mpg & the car always wants to get to 70+ as quick as possible for some reason . . . :lol:

Enjoy your new RCZ & the forum

A

Anonymous

Hello and welcome to the club :) glad to hear you've got the bug.......be good to see some snaps when you have time in between driving, cleaning and admiring her :lol:

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the club! :D I'm not surprised to read that you too have fallen in love with the RCZ. There are many other like minded owners on here! There are some wonderful threads on detailing your new pride and joy (mostly from our Queen of detailing, RCZ1) that are bound to help you look after your RCZ. I have learnt a great deal from these threads myself. The forum is a wonderful source of information on all things RCZ and a great number of other things beside! Would be great to see some pictures of your car...especially now you have her gleaming and I hope you'll tell us a little more about your car (couloir, spec, options). I look forward to hearing more from you!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I don't own a deisel but my petrol 156 returns around 42 on motorway at 68 mph with cruise control!
And about 30-32 at 90 without it, (private land only of course)

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the very warm welcome and your comments on MPG............ i am hoping to acheive 50MPG + to keep the car cost netrual when compaired to my work mileage allowance. My trip to the ofice is some 168 miles each way!!! so i will have lots of oppertunity to enjoy the car.

oh - really please with the quality of the detailed information on the forum - i have already found and downloaded a PDF of the owners manaual for the car having followed a link published by a forum member..

Pics of my new pride and joy to follow - just have to figure out how............

thank you

richard.au

Reaction score
hi mate, welcome along.

i'm wondering, 168 miles each way, you can't be serious, really. that seems unhealthy.

that's close to six hours each day on the road. this isn't five days a week is it?

that's around 70,000 miles (110,000 kilometres) a year. new car every year :)

A

Anonymous

Hello......

You can follow us on Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/TheRCZ - that's the page I run.

Hope you enjoy the car - sounds like you've definitely caught the bug ;-)

Liz

p.s I've not taken my RCZ out of the box yet ;-)

A

Anonymous

Update to my first 24 hours!!

Well what can i say have only racked up 1500 miles - The car is completley marvolus....... during the recent poor weather to aviod being stranded in london last thursday i decided to checkout of my accommodation and return home overnight- 180miles or so. i traveled home in a viraity of driving conditions at a steady 60 - 65 mph - the car returned an amasing 62.3mpg - i am well happy!!

A

Anonymous

Yep. They do cause the reaction that you describe. Let us know when you contract the "RCZ Syndrome" :lol: