What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

235/40/19 tyre pressures

hubcaps

Reaction score
I know it's not usually the done thing, but I have improved the harsh ride slightly by lowering the pressures to 2.2 bar front and 1.8 bar rear. The front and rear ratio is the same and we are only talking about 3 psi here. 6 psi difference would be bad. I also tried putting some heavy things in the boot and giving the car the beans on fast left/right transitions to see whether the back would have trouble catching up with the front. No difference.

A

Anonymous

How do you anticipate this reductions effect on the durability of the tyres?

hubcaps

Reaction score
In my motoring career, almost every tyre I've worn out has worn in the middle so I'm not too bothered. Anyway, these Continentals are bloody noisy so I don't mind changing them for something quieter in the future.

hanswuk

Reaction score
I will try this as well because I find the ride quite jarring on some of the pockmarked road surfaces I travel on! A little extra wear would not bother me if it helped soften the ride slightly.

I also find the tyre noise quite intrusive and therefore I think I'm going to try Vredestein when the time comes.

hubcaps

Reaction score
Tha Dunlop RTs or the Goodyears are quieter at 68db

A

Anonymous

Is that your cold pressures or operating temps? If those are cold temps you should be fine.

A

Anonymous

hubcaps said:

Then they should be fine. Mine is 2.2 infront and 2.0 at the back cold. When hot i can still see that the rears are a touch over inflated for the weight it carries so 1.8 will probably give you more even wear. Best way to check, when your tires are clean, drive the car onto a dusty surface, like a garage floor\super smooth dirt road, and see what part of the tire is covered in dust\dirt. If it dirties the sidewall you are under inflated and if it doesnt cover the entire tire tread its over.