What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

20th Feb First meeting - Completed with pics

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi All.

As you know our proposed trip to Peugeot Coventry has been postponed due to circumstances outside anyones control, I'm sure this will be re-arranged shortly.

I've already got this day free, so if anyone else is in the same boat, how about our first meet at the Heritage Centre at Gaydon - webite and full address is here. http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/

Plenty to do and a large carpark, cafe and the Museum as well. It's just off junction 12 on the M40.

I did check out Prestwold but it appears to be booked through trackday organisers.

So if you are interested please put your name down:

1. FGRob

A

Anonymous

Re: 20th Feb First meeting - names please

jrs. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

1.FGRob
2.jrs
3.RCZGT200

A

Anonymous

1.FGRob
2.jrs
3.RCZGT200
4.mlbblue :dance:

A

Anonymous

oh poop - we booked a hotel and made plans :-(

FGRob

Reaction score

So come on, where are these eager owners that wanted to meet. :thumbup: :wave:

FGRob

Reaction score

OK all.

For those who do fancy a visit, plus everyone else who has confirmed, I suggest we meet at 11.00 am on the main car park, I'll be the one in the RCZ :wave: :lol:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob,

Although i could'nt quite pull off the meet at our HQ - sorry once again !, I would like to pop down to see you all (and your RCZs) at the heritage centre where it won't be a problem having Jr Peugeot Prod with me. I'll tie it in with the 'Sci-fi' exhibition that is on there which he'll love but it would be great to say hello to you all again.

I really wanted to show you all the 'Feline' RCZ this weekend, but as it is not registered yet it would have been as a static display so i can't bring that. I have got a nice opel white 200bhp that i'll bring down though that more than makes up for it !

Hopefully see you on Sunday.

Regards

Peugeot Prod

FGRob

Reaction score

Peugeot Prod said:
Hi Rob,

Although i could'nt quite pull off the meet at our HQ - sorry once again !, I would like to pop down to see you all (and your RCZs) at the heritage centre where it won't be a problem having Jr Peugeot Prod with me. I'll tie it in with the 'Sci-fi' exhibition that is on there which he'll love but it would be great to say hello to you all again.

I really wanted to show you all the 'Feline' RCZ this weekend, but as it is not registered yet it would have been as a static display so i can't bring that. I have got a nice opel white 200bhp that i'll bring down though that more than makes up for it !

Hopefully see you on Sunday.

Regards

Peugeot Prod
You are more than welcome Mark - I was hoping you could arrange something, but didn't like to push.

Yep I noticed the Sci-Fi exhibition hence the suggestion. ;)

See you on Sunday - not sure how clean the car is going to be - the forecast is not great.

Rob.

FGRob

Reaction score

1.FGRob
2.jrs
3.RCZGT200
4.mlbblue
5 Peugeot Production

Not to late to add your name, a clean car is not essential, dirt will be allowed :thumbup: ;) :lol: :lol:

Meeting at about 11.00 am

A

Anonymous

I'm looking forward to it Rob. See you there. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob, if its not too late can I add my name to the list? Haven't got to work tomorrow now! :dance:

A

Anonymous

rjc813 said:
Hi Rob, if its not too late can I add my name to the list? Haven't got to work tomorrow now! :dance:

Done ! :thumbup:

1.FGRob
2.jrs
3.RCZGT200
4.mlbblue
5 Peugeot Production
6.rjc813

A

Anonymous

I certainly wont have a clean RCZ - not had chance to clean her this week and the weather's not helping today!!!

GT RCZ

Reaction score

Yes we will be joining the meet. So see you all later

A

Anonymous

Sorry guys, something came up this morning and I couldn't make it.. hopefully next time!

A

Anonymous

hope someone's taking some pics?

A

Anonymous

FGrob has some pics and everyone seemed to arrive with a clean car :clap:

It was very nice to see everyone and meet some new people. I hope your quick try out of everyones cars put your mind at rest jrs !!

Had an interesting chat with Ian Cook the artist who is based at the heritage centre, he creates pictures in a unique way and has done a fantastic one of the RCZ for Peugeot at last years goodwood event.

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/about-peugeot/news/jul10-sep10/the-iconic-rcz-portrait/

Funnily enough I noticed the original hanging in the reception area at Peugeot HQ on Friday .

Even better I some how managed to aquire a print of the picture from him on what seems to be an indefinite loan for my office at work :dance: and Peugeot Prod may have got him some more work from Peugeot doing a picture of their IRC rally car !

Im at Peugeot HQ next week so will take a sneaky pic of the original in situ :cool:

regards

Marcus

FGRob

Reaction score

Hi All.

Well I would just like to thank all those members who attended today - some old and some new, my picture taking is not the best, but as Marcus said at least I got some when we arrived, so here we go:

I'm in this one :oops:

One addition in red - makes for a nice colour show :thumbup:

After that I left my camera in the car :oops: So you missed the 007 Aston's inside, plus "The Terminator" walking around telling us he would be back :lol: Overall it's a great place to visit plenty to see.

Marcus as mentioned and shown the picture above, after chatting with the artist he is prepared to offer some signed framed copies to forum members, price will depend on volume so I will post up a seperate thread to gauge interest, but it does look very good and very unusual - just like our cars.

Thanks again, looking forward to the Peugeot HQ visit - sounds great :thumbup: ;)

I forgot to say how clean the cars looked - especially Marcus - who visited the car wash just before turning up :dance: :lol: ;)

Rob.