What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

207 Owner - Maybe an RCZ?

Anton2k

Reaction score
Hi guy's! Anton here from Scotland :beer:

My car history
- Fiat Punto MK2 (first car - cheap to repair)
- Vauxhall Tigra B (paddling pool, engine judder, no i'm not a hair dresser, loved the drive)
- VW Passat 1.9TDI (turbo blew up and got sucked into the engine @ 130k - was nippy and I now know that an overly whistly turbo is a bad thing)
-Peugeot 207 1.4HDi (economical, not the best handling or speed but comfortable and reliable!)

I currently own a 2010 1.4 HDi 207 verve, it is now a cat N write off after getting rear ended by a polo in the rain. I loved the 207, the only issues I ever had with it was the electronic power steering rack went (probs due to me being lazy with the tyre pressures) and some plastic clips that hold the gear selector cables down in behind the battery snapped - nothing a couple of heavy duty tiebacks didn't sort! (have been on for 2 years now) :thumbup:

I bought the car when it had 70k on the clock, and done the timing belt and water pump at 85k. She is currently sitting at 117k. I believe she is still on her first clutch and it's only just starting to slip. All in all I have spend about 800 quid on the car over the 4 years I've had it, but how much I have saved on fuel is crazy! - loved it!

So now I am on the hunt for a new car, something a bite cooler looking, a bit faster and nicer to drive, nice interior, more comfort, it's got to be diesel and reliable!

I started off looking at vw sciroccos, but all the ones within my budget are high millage - they seem the hold their value much like the golf! Then I started looking at BMW's, the 1 series coupe or and older 3 series with high millage again was all my budget could really stretch to. Also ready some horror stories about the 2L diesel engines that BMW use N74 eat oil and have timing chain issues - so that put me of the series coupe. I then started looking at golf's - but they look a but boring compared to what I am looking for. I then went on to look at Audi's specifically the TT - nice car again though my budget and high millage came into play. Also read some concerning things about some of the engines.

Then I started looking out side the box, ticked the coupe filter option then selected all makes and models - dada! the RCZ popped up! how could I have forgotten about it! I remember the first time I seen one! it looked like an le mans car then and it still has an amazing looks! the interior! the diesel engine! the lack of rear seats! it ticks all the boxes for me! The model I am looking at is a 2011 plate (pre face lift) 2.0HDi version - it has 80k on the clock and has had regular services - any thought's or anything I should be looking out for before I go to see it?

Thanks for taking the time to read my dribble.

-Anton :dance:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you have a read through the threads, there are one or two things to look out for in all variants. But of all the RCZ’s available, I would say the diesel is probably the most reliable, so I don’t think you will go far wrong there :eusa-think:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi yes the diesel is pretty bulletproof dpf issues on short journey cars and the DPF fluid is supposed to be good for 100K but this depends on how often the fuel flap has been opened as every time it’s opened a measured amount of fluid is released into the dpf, I’ve heard that you can go into the diagnostics and it shows the amount of fluid left. Replacement is a dealer job.
Then the common RCZ issue of having jacking points made of cheese :crazy: it’s common to see them flat to the sill and can be costly to repair.

Good luck let us know how you get on :beer:

Anton2k

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's guys - hoping to have one by the end of this week with a bit of luck! i'll send keep you updated! :thumbup: