What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

2015 RCZ R, 40,000 mileage, clutch issue?

SandyM

Reaction score
Recently, backing out of my drive, I have felt a sticking, as though something wasn't quite releasing. It's quite slight, releases easily, without any extra power. It only seems to happen when starting out, and even then not every time. I took it to my local garage. They checked the brakes and said all good. They think it must be the clutch and want £1400 to replace it. They say to fully diagnose, it would require removing the gearbox, which is not cheap.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Id be grateful for any input.

Sandy M

Flanners

Reaction score
the DMF can suffer with issues, or at least mine did (others have too), it whined loudly at low speed pulling away @circa 30K miles, usually in reverse.....replaced under Warranty (it drove me mad). If you're diagnosing your in and when in you're looking (imo) at new clutch and DMF so fairly £££s........search the Forum there are several posts.

lfe

Reaction score
I don't think the clutch can brake the car.

Maybe a brake caliper piston is stuck a little. The R has multi-piston front brakes.

You can also replace the brake fluid, it should be changed every 2 years.

Kerr

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like a clutch issue to me. A sticky brake caliper would also be my opinion.

Kenneth

Reaction score
Recently, backing out of my drive, I have felt a sticking, as though something wasn't quite releasing. It's quite slight, releases easily, without any extra power. It only seems to happen when starting out, and even then not every time. I took it to my local garage. They checked the brakes and said all good. They think it must be the clutch and want £1400 to replace it. They say to fully diagnose, it would require removing the gearbox, which is not cheap.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Id be grateful for any input.

Sandy M
Could be a sticking brake calliper. I get that now and again depending how damp it’s been. Doesn’t sound like clutch to me.

get a second opinion anyway.

Pedro

Reaction score
If you park it on the flat leave it in1st gear & put the the handbrake on 1 or 2 notches the rear shoes appear to stick fast on the discs overnight or for prolonged periods when I bought mine it would make a loud bang at the back when starting off then the brakes would come off so give it a try see what happens ?