What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

2014 Toyota Hilux Vigo Smart Cab

frankvdb

Reaction score
This week I'm driving this vehicle which has gained a reputation for exceptional sturdiness and reliability (according to wikipedia) and has been featured in several Top Gear episodes:

An interesting feature of this one is that it has the smart cab. It's smaller than the four door and has small suicide doors that the front doors lock into (similar to Mazda RX-8) so that passengers have easy access to the small back bench (much more headroom than in the RCZ, though).
This one's some petrol vvti engine converted to LPG.
In this rural area pickups are the most popular type of car.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Hiluxes are great and they do last a lifetime no doubt. People drive these a lot over here, but only the diesel versions as petrol isn't available here. It's the pickup i would buy if i ever needed one :)

frankvdb

Reaction score
I found out it has a 2.7 engine which also has good torque and is cheap to drive on LPG.
It did throw a Check Engine Light which I suspect is caused by the conversion to LPG.
A Toyota workshop checked it and said there was nothing wrong and cleared the error (without telling the error code :brickwall: ) so sure enough a day later the light came on again and we have no clue what the issue is...
I specifically asked my Thai girlfriend to ask for this code explaining that it may happen again when she paid the bill (which I also told her is ridiculous for a car with a fault within warranty but apparently the custom here is different from in the Western world).

Sunday I moved on to China for business trip and I don't expect to do any driving here (just being driven around in taxis etc.)