What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

2012 Sat Nav Maps

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there are 2012 updated Sat Nav maps available for the Peugeot Connect Media Navigation system?

I have a 2011 model RCZ and half the roads in Ireland it thinks I am driving in a field, even though they have been around for a couple of years! :wtf:

Marcus - are you selling 2012 updates by CD? Would there be much difference from the 2011 maps?

Thank you,

A

Anonymous

i read on another forum that they are available and are some how linked to the VIN of the car to avoid pirating as has been done for the 2010/11 maps

A

Anonymous

Navteq provide the maps, so try contacting them :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Wouldn't you think that this question need never be asked? I have been asking it though and have never received a satisfactory answer.

A

Anonymous

laochra said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there are 2012 updated Sat Nav maps available for the Peugeot Connect Media Navigation system?

I have a 2011 model RCZ and half the roads in Ireland it thinks I am driving in a field, even though they have been around for a couple of years! :wtf:

Marcus - are you selling 2012 updates by CD? Would there be much difference from the 2011 maps?

Thank you,

I wil ask the parts guys if here is an update disk for the ng4 maps and let you know.

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

eyetiepie said:
it looks like it's £229 direct from Navtech - can't believe how expensive it is!
I believe the cd to update my previous Vauxhalls were "only" £89 and they were/are from Navtech too

pete.garratt

Reaction score
When I did this for my old 207 with sat nav, there were various types of update available, i.e. all of Europe, France, Spain, UK, etc. The price was different for each type, with all of Europe being the most expensive, 'natch.

I wonder if this explains the difference?

A

Anonymous

Could be Pete as I only got GB and main European routes.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
eyetiepie said:
though navteq appear to only offer all of europe.......... :(

Just checked Navteq web site and, sure enough, so it does.

Out of interest, I entered the details of my old car. Only got two choices, northern Europe for £129 & all of Europe for £199.

This is different from the last time I looked - admittedly a few years ago. I gues they've changed their marketing policy.

Perhaps their customers mainly bought the full Europe (local nationals not feeling it worth it to upgrade just their own country, even?), so they decided to concentrate on that?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the Navtech link. "Map data collected at the 4th quarter 2010" I wonder if I waited a few weeks would I see a new version collected from 4th quarter 2011 ..........think I am going sit this one out for a while

Davie

Reaction score
I contacted Peugeot in November 2011,they said there would be updates coming out soon.
This is the third time i have complained regarding updates.My car was bought 2010.
If and when i hear anything i will post it on the site.

A

Anonymous

The mapping is made by navtec so Peugeot can only update it when navtec do an update

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem, I had the latest maps and software when i bought the car, but it still failed to show some main roads, in fact there is a particular location in Swansea where it show's 2 roads that run alongside each as 1 road, but in reality it is 1 major dual carriage way and the other is a one way street going in the opposite direction. Now that could be a fun bit of driving if you didnt know the area. :?

And these 2 roads have been seeing traffic for the last 15 years at least on the dual carraige way and far longer on the other road !!

Personaly dont think you will never get an onboard sat nav performing like a stand alone sat nav, however it would be very nice if Peugeot at least tried to keep up with software updates, and at a reasonable price, afterall we have already paid a lot of money for this system in the first place.

There would be some serious shouting if the likes of TomTom charged around £200 for a sat nav then didnt update their maps, let alone the £1400 like Peugeot charge for the NG4 system !

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
I wil ask the parts guys if here is an update disk for the ng4 maps and let you know.

Regards

Marcus

Have you forgotten Marcus ? Be nice to know also how you can tell what version is already installed, so as not to buy an update only to find you already have that version.

A

Anonymous

If you have the NG4 system, simply press, and hold the Setup button for about 2 seconds. A new menu will appear, and select the 1st option, then the map versions option and the maps date will be displayed.

In Dec 2011 the latest map update became available, version 2011/2012, which uses map date collected in quarter 4 of 2010. This is the latest version. You will NOT see another update for 12 month, as updates are released on a 12-18 month cycle.

What ever maps you have the map data is always around 12 months old, for example the 2010/2011 maps have map data from quarter 4 of 2009.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for that very informative piece of information floatlite. You sound rather knowledgeable on the subject :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

floatlite said:
If you have the NG4 system, simply press, and hold the Setup button for about 2 seconds. A new menu will appear, and select the 1st option, then the map versions option and the maps date will be displayed.
Done that and got the answer as NG4_D_R26b_R26_04. So what does all that mean. I am assuming as my car was built 12/07/11 that it has all the latest updates and mapping ?