What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

2012 RCZ not starting!

A

Anonymous

Hello, I've had my 2012 RCZ since February, it's a Diesel RCZ with NAV. However this cold winter morning it decided not to start and I missed an important appointment. When I try to start it the engine sometimes sounds as it's going to start for a while and I can see the rev limiter going up a little but even after a few attempts it shuts down. I also noticed now that when I start the car without the engine it now displays the date 2000-01-01. It also displayed a message in French which I couldn't read.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

A

Anonymous

At a guess a low/flat battery or loose battery terminals

A

Anonymous

The date reset definitely sounds like a battery issue. As does the not starting.

Not uncommon in winter really, but unless you've been heavily using the battery (e.g. leaving lights on or using the media centre with the engine off) it shouldn't be having so much trouble after only a year. Batteries are usually good for 4.

A

Anonymous

DRazz said:
It also displayed a message in French which I couldn't read. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Yep - You need to learn French.
Alternatively, find a friend that speaks French and can translate the message for you.
Or, write the French words down and pop them into Babblefish to get a (literal) translation.

Hope that helps :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi there, my new (2012) rcz has been behaving very badly in the cold weather too. It's only been about minus 3 here, and our last one coped with up to minus 15. But it won't start easily - either it takes 3 or 4 goes, or it will start, then shudder and complain. Off to Peugeot on Tuesday morning - it's only got 3K on it!