What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

200 thp - 23.9mpg

Corey195476

Reaction score
Hi I’m recently the new owner of a 2014 plate Peugeot rcz 200thp, over the last 3 weeks I’ve been trying to drive extremely sensible (engine braking, correct gear shifting etc.), according to my trip I’m only returning 23.9mpg and getting around 300 miles per tank, I’ve also only used shell v power since getting the car. This isn’t a car you get for practicality but that seems ridiculously low for a 1.6? Any ideas on what could possibly be causing this? Unless it’s just what the car is expected to return.
Thanks
Corey

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I vaguely recall getting around 36/37 from my 200.
So yours is very low.

Have you checked things like binding brakes/handbrake?

Nemi

Reaction score
Same here, i'm getting 6.7 l/100km (which is around 35 mpg) while not even trying to save on fuel :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Tbh I drive like I stole it & although I regularly drop to below 20 mpg on some runs, my average is @ 32 ish.

Usual reported miles on a full tank @ 365, but I think I get more.

I have also used Shell V Power from the first ever fill. I also put half a bottle of RedX in every full tank.

emjay82

Reaction score
Hi have a 2010 200 THP and average 35mpg, mainly short journeys and short stretches on the motorway.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Nemi said:
Same here, i'm getting 6.7 l/100km (which is around 35 mpg) while not even trying to save on fuel :eusa-think:

I managed 6.0 L/100 km (47 MPG) easily while travelling in Lithuania (in-town traffic included plus traffic jams in Vilnius). With all the speed section controls you have over there it is an easy to achieve target on the RCZ R :cool:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
That is crazzy low !!

I had a 200 GT and seriously got between 35 to 44+ depending on driving style, and I'm no slouch.

Not a mechanic I'm not going to be able to pinpoint your cause, but as above would check to see if you have any error codes, then for me it would have to be fuel / ignition / air intake, as most things now are electronic the mixtures should be right, but this one baffles me?

If you get to the bottom of it please post as this info might help someone else with similar issues.

Cheers and good luck M.... :beer:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Could have possibly had a poor remap trying to push performance to the max?? What colour are the exhaust tips? Heavily sooted up or clean as a whistle?

Corey195476

Reaction score
cheers for all the advice guys. dropped it into a Peugeot main dealer to have a check over and they found a few faults.

solenoid valve needed replacing.

turbo pressure sensor was Sending a misreading so was cutting the turbo off and kicking it back in intermittently.

and the heater matrix in the car was faulty.

quite a strange one but the car was serviced before I bought it with full service history. the Peugeot main dealer advised that a lot of the wrong fluids had been put in the car and so had to have all of that changed.

so quite a few issues that the dealer which i bought the car from paid to rectify without an issue so no complaints there.

since getting the car back my average mileage is now around 33mpg so a massive improvement. not %100 what the actual cause was as there were a few issues that could of affected it something they did kicked it into gear.

once again thanks for the advice and help 👍

Marmite

Reaction score
Hi I’m recently the new owner of a 2014 plate Peugeot rcz 200thp, over the last 3 weeks I’ve been trying to drive extremely sensible (engine braking, correct gear shifting etc.), according to my trip I’m only returning 23.9mpg and getting around 300 miles per tank, I’ve also only used shell v power since getting the car. This isn’t a car you get for practicality but that seems ridiculously low for a 1.6? Any ideas on what could possibly be causing this? Unless it’s just what the car is expected to return.
Thanks
Corey
My 2014 r is doing 32 around town an on a run up to Scotland done 44 , well happy with that as it goes like shit off a stick 1579843643650.png