What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

156 v 200

A

Anonymous

Just wondering how the feel of the 156 is too the 200 ? Petrol consumption too ? Is the 156 still nippy ? I m used too a 120bhp 207 Pug. 1.6. :helpme:

A

Anonymous

The 200 has more get up and go i drove both and the diesel before buying, and its also quite a bit stiffer on the road. So i personally prefer my 200 but everybody to there own. But don't see the point in buying a coupe with less power then regretting it later.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've driven the 156 and the diesel only.

For me the 156 has all the power that I need. It's quick enough for every day driving. You can have fun with it and also safely overtake if there is a gap in the traffic.

Depends really what you want out of the car? Out and out speed or happy to cruise.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Depends on what you're after really. The 156 has plenty of get up and go but the 200 has the edge for a more sporty driving experience. If I was buying again then I'd buy the 200 personally.

A

Anonymous

So full tank in 156 roughly how many miles ? Plus cost of filling it up 200 the same question ?

A

Anonymous

eddreed said:
So full tank in 156 roughly how many miles ? Plus cost of filling it up 200 the same question ?

Honesty, you'll get a range of answers for that depending on people's choice of fuel and the type of driving that you do. Unfortunately, my car doesn't seem to produce the same average fuel consumption as most of the others on here so can't answer that more accurately from personal experience.

RCZ1

Reaction score
On my last RCZ I would regularly get 400 + miles from a full tank of petrol giving 40-42 mpg average.

On the new one, which is still being run in before the mpg economy settles down, I'm getting around 350-360 miles from a tank of fuel and was averaging around 35mpg but this has started to rise and now around 39mpg. This isn't bad considering my driving habits have changed since the first RCZ. By that I mean, the journeys I'm now doing are more town based rather town and country roads.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Mine done 31.3mpg since the last fill up as for miles per tank, couldn't tell u never checked it. Now driving up and down to work which is 1.5 miles through town it'll do about 22mpg.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
The 156 is sort of like a "normal" car performance wise. The 200 has that little extra that makes it more fun to drive.

Fuel consumption is basically the same on the two, with the 200 only slightly higher. Then again it all depends on your driving style.

A

Anonymous

I've driven almost all THP engined cars on the road, including the Citroen cars (havent driven a DS Racing) and I can tell you now, if you are looking for grins and fun, THP200 all day, everyday.

I dropped the Mrs off at a party the other night and gladly agreed to do the driving so that she can enjoy a glass of wine with the friends. My hidden agenda was that I was going to get to drive the RCZ late at night on some silky smooth empty roads with some amazing banked interchanges. The amount of grip the THP 200 has is just staggering! You go into a corner what you consider as fast then halfway through the corner you realize the RCZ is not yet even close to its limits! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

A

Anonymous

I have a 40 mile round trip daily of mainly country/hilly roads. If I behave I can get 39mpg from my 200, but tend to average 32 - I didn't buy an RCZ to pootle...you change up when you hit the redline right?! ;-)

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
I've driven almost all THP engined cars on the road, including the Citroen cars (havent driven a DS Racing) and I can tell you now, if you are looking for grins and fun, THP200 all day, everyday.

I dropped the Mrs off at a party the other night and gladly agreed to do the driving so that she can enjoy a glass of wine with the friends. My hidden agenda was that I was going to get to drive the RCZ late at night on some silky smooth empty roads with some amazing banked interchanges. The amount of grip the THP 200 has is just staggering! You go into a corner what you consider as fast then halfway through the corner you realize the RCZ is not yet even close to its limits! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

Stop teasing me!! I still have about two months wait on mine! :p