What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

153 MPH in my R !!!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yes I have finally worked out how to do the upload thing and link thingy, so be warned I will be boring the pants off you all with my CARzy videos....

This is now on here and YouTube....

My first attempt at hitting the stop in my R, what I didn't realise is that I hit a stop on the pedal and it had a little more to go, if only I had pushed my foot a little harder... I would for sure of hit the 155 MPH limiter.

For the record my car at this point was and still is .... stock unmodified.

Just watch how free flowing the car is right up to the end.

Cheers M.. :beer:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyHdHTn0STM[/youtube]

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I can see why speed can be addictive..
But just to point out, the conditions have to be right and this includes the traffic weather and road conditions.
Good thing about on the autobahn is that you can find that you do get the opportunity where all the above line up, and you can put your foot down, even if it is just for a quick blast.
Drive sensibly is the key.

Woooossshhhh

Was it a bird ? No...
Was it a plane? No...

Oh it was just another RCZ ! Lol.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

RCZ-R

Reaction score
He, he I know what you are talking about :) Good stuff!

By the way, that click in the pedal doesnt do anything at those speeds. Actually it is the electronic speed limiter which slowly takes away the boost as soon as you start approaching 150 MPH. It starts at about 245 KMH. One can clearly see that when a device is connected to the OBD. Once the limiter is deleted on the car's ECU, the boost stays constant up to whatever the car will make at the end.

One question, in that video, have you stepped on it all the time? The acceleration around 180-200 KMH is a bit too slow with your R. Maybe your engine needs some trashing, hehe. I see it all the time with mine. After weeks of commuting and driving reasonably it takes her few hundreds of kilometers to blow out all the cobwebs from the engine and perform.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
The speed around 180 - 200 will most likely be me hesitating, or a car in the distance. It was at night.
I am amazed at how it just flows without any real slow down.
If I could get the limiter off I would, plus I would have it stage one tuned if only I could trust anyone to do it.
Cheers M...

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Allegedly it is pretty simple to remove the speed limiter. According to my stealer it is just a software setting in the ECU, easy accessible when having the right tools at hand.

With the second option, to tune the engine, I agree with you. I haven't found a reliable source. What about RSTuning in Leeds? I have had very good experience with Paul while I had my Renault tuned by his company. Maybe he is into PSA engines too? Or Pug1Off?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Thanks for the info RCZ-R
Iam going to buy a pp2000 setup so will have a look into that.
As for the tuning I'll give the guys in Leeds a call, since they are pretty close.
Watch this space as they say.
Cheers M..

RCZ-R

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
Comkotes are doing some stuff that might be relevant. A racing driver acquaintance of mine has had his 308 FYI done. They’re pretty similar and he seems content.

https://www.comkotes-tuning.co.uk/perfo ... gti-remap/

Although you need to keep in mind the 308 GTi engine is a bit different to the RCZ engine. It starts with a different fuel high pressure pump resulting in different rail pressure and goes on into the cat and the downpipe. So a map done for the 308 GTi needs to be adapted to the RCZ R.
But I think the guys at Comkotes know about that.