What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

11 PLATE RCZ 156 GT - MAIN DEALER GARAGE, KENT

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Spotted there for the last 15 days!!!

.......Oh wait - it's ok it's mine. Been there sooo long I forgot what it looked like! :lol:

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' NATSPLATNAT :greetings-wavingblue:

...15 DAYS ,,are you alleging that the Main Dealer has kidnapped your Z' ,,and if so why yours, what are their demands, and are they treating it well??

.the big blue (...name the dealer so that other owners in Kent don't suffer the same way as you and yours !) :eusa-think:

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Hi big blue :greetings-wavingblue:

More a case of I willingly handed it over and have waited for EVER to get it back..... a bit like lending out your favourite book / DVD / CD and then waiting, quite anxiously, to get it back!

The good news is that the engineer is hopeful that my beloved car will be released this afternoon (now that does sound like a hostage situation!)

(Oh, and the dealer..... KAP! :eusa-whistle: )

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' ..and what cause has had your Z' held captive for so long?? ,,as the amount of time they've had it makes it either sound serious OR annoyingly intermittent !! Well hopefully whatever the reason its now fixed and you'll get it back for the weekend AND without to much of a cost to yourself !

.the big blue (..quietly campaigning from the Forum back benches for the the release of NATSPLATNAT's Z') :thumbup:

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
The cause of my Z's captivity :eusa-think: =

"Engine Fault - Repair needed" which turned out to be the electrics gone on the water pump (new pump replaced through extended warranty).
Duration: Tues - Thursday.
Then.... as they were doing completion checks, noticed I had a small oil leak and an engine rattle. I was informed that the rattle was a known fault (timing chain) & they would investigate and repair (through the extended warranty) - which is strange as I have taken the car in 4 times previously (under original warranty) and even having told them it was a timing chain issue, it came back as un-diagnosed!!
Duration: Further investigation (including getting told off by the extended warranty company for investigating):- Fri - Tuesday.
Waiting for the extended warranty engineer to visit, investigate and agree to cover:- Wednesday
Ordering & waiting for parts to arrive:- Thursday - Monday.
Putting my car back together: Monday - Friday.

Total time spent in captivity = 17 days!! :roll:

Hoping my Z will be unlike most other hostages, and come home in a better condition than prior to captivity!!

Had confirmation that the Z will be released this afternoon :clap: - I can't collect until tomorrow afternoon now due to work commitments and garages shutting at very inconvenient times!! :cry:

Thank you big blue for championing my Z's release - it worked!

tianorth

Reaction score
Can you not get them to drop it off at your home, since they have inconvenienced you for so long?

A

Anonymous

What! That way they would miss the drive home.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
The garage is only a mile from home.... and I would like to give the Z a good look over before it leaves the garage!!

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
My car has been released!

Left captivity on Saturday. No monies were required to secure its freedom!

(have never been sooo glad to have taken out extended warranty!! :thumbup: )

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Bummer! I just received the 200 "Free the Kent 1" T shirts I ordered.

Looks like an Ebay listing is imminent.......... :crazy:

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
I have just received a copy Invoice for the parts and works.... would anyone be interested enough for me to post it up?

A

Anonymous

Get some time in mate lol

Brought mine in March this year, sold it the end of last month as it has spent in all 3 months in the garage.

Not to bad considering id only had it 8 months altogether.

new fuel tank system, temp problems, ecu problems. finally rid thank god.

Worst car I have ever brought for reliability, but best looking car ive ever brought.

But shes gone now............................. I only drove it 5000 miles .....

Must have been a friday afternoon car

:( :( :(

renegade79

Reaction score
Jimbo40 said:
Get some time in mate lol

Brought mine in March this year, sold it the end of last month as it has spent in all 3 months in the garage.

Not to bad considering id only had it 8 months altogether.

new fuel tank system, temp problems, ecu problems. finally rid thank god.

Worst car I have ever brought for reliability, but best looking car ive ever brought.

But shes gone now............................. I only drove it 5000 miles .....

Must have been a friday afternoon car

:( :( :(

what did you replace the Z with Jase??

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
I love my Z - but it is back in the garage ... again! :cry: Really think I got a 'Friday' car! :roll:

So with 51,500 on the clock it is sitting quietly after inspection / diagnostics for 'The Peugeot Man' to authorise under (extended) warranty the following.....

(bearing it mind it went in for inspection for coolant use, milky residue in oil filler cap, loss of heating and reduced performance)....

Heating matrix due to reduced efficiency (so reduced it doesn't work at all).

Multiple oil leaks

Timing chain / tensioner (this will be my second replacement!!)

They have "no idea" where my coolant is going (this is something that only started happening in the last few weeks) and there is no milky residue in my oil filler cap. The coolant is definitely going somewhere though!!

Oh and there is no 'obvious' reduction in performance. REALLY???

So, my beloved Z is back in a hostage situation..... again! Anticipate release some time next week!! :eusa-whistle:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Somehow the chain and tensioners on mine took over a week....
I guess they only work 30 minutes a day at pentagon Peugeot dealerships.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like your dealers just don’t know what they are doing?? If your timing chain has gone again then either they didn’t do the job properly in the first place or didn’t change all the parts, chain, tensioner, guides etc. Or if you have oil leaks have you let the oil level drop?
The water loss most probably is through the thermostat housing a common problem on this engine. The housing is plastic and over time it can split and leak coolant. It’s an easy relatively cheap repair. Another place there could be coolant loss is the turbo coolant pump if this is leaking it’s possible the coolant is dripping onto the turbo and evaporating?

There is a dealer repair for some cars to do with the turbo coolant pump ask your dealer to see if yours is one of the cars affected it should flag up on the Peugeot service box software.

And by the way anyone that knows what they’re doing should replace a timing kit within the day. :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
In the meantime, I’ll check to see if I have any of the T shirts left :eusa-whistle: :eusa-think: :eusa-shhh:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Just out of interest NATSPLATNAT,

Who is your car warranty with as mine is just about to run out and I need to extend my warranty.
Just trying to get a feel for good and bad.

Hope your car gets sorted and good to see you still have the Z.

Cheers,

Pete mines an XXXL please :thumbup: