What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

10 months in with the R

Claret63

Reaction score
Well as the title, I am 10 months in getting the R where I want it to be condition wise, the guy who I bought it off gave me some bullshit story about why he was selling, I was drawn into buying the R due to full MD history and PUG extended warranty, this was crucial to me, as we already owned an RCZ so knew a little about where they rust etc ( I nearly backed out though when I turned up to collect the car and the guy had produced a pathetic hand written receipt, bought as seen, with the expectation for me to sign, I didn’t)

Anyway I think he saw his arse given maybe the potential cost that needed spending.

Firstly I needed to sort the under trays or lack of which was costly, especially some of the bespoke fixings, I then missed what I would call a big one, a couple of the wheels that can’t be refurbished to original due to the depth of the R, purchased 2 new ones to fix this problem, next was the brakes, the warranty took care of the callipers but not the disc which I had planned for.

I have now had a total brake refresh including rears (M tec rear disc to match the front, fish hooks, nice !) brakes are night and day from when I purchased.

I now have 6 weeks off work, and have been desperate to sort the bodywork, the guy before me obviously washed with a sponge and possibly with fairy liquid and a washing up bowl lol.

After 3 long days clay and polish, I am getting close where I want it to be, more work is needed at the front bumper to get where I want to be, not paint, but the black detail, but I am nearly there.

I Have to say though being close up and covering every contour of the RCZ, I have never fully appreciated the build quality or the absolute mind blowing curves of this car compared to everything I have owned in the past, so special.

I would love to know how this car was designed and conceived, it really is so special.

In other words who exactly was the brain child of this car.