What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

1.6 THP GT Auto

Phil_M

Reaction score
Happily, I am the proud owner of this 2014 RCZ 1.6 THP GT Auto in Opal White - Probably the best car I have ever driven!
It brings a smile to my face every time I get behind the wheel.

Alloys refurbished by Speedwells, Yardley, Birmingham:

Attachments

• RCZ BARSTON GARAGE.jpg
    RCZ BARSTON GARAGE.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1,191
  • Wheel small.jpg
    Wheel small.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 1,191

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, great looking Z there :dance: that smile your talking about just gets bigger! :beer:

Guppy

Reaction score
Hi Phil,

Welcome aboard :beer:

Great colour choice and i like the refurb alloys... they look better in black than the standard grey.

Happy cruising :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Eyup from up North !!

Nice car and good job done on the wheels they won't have been easy.

Hope you enjoy your Z though I know you will :thumbup:

If you want any help don't hesitate to ask - good bunch on here, some one will help.

Watch out for the crucked neck !!

Cheers M. :beer:

Phil_M

Reaction score
Hand-Controls ....

Pictured are the hand-controls I use to drive my RCZ Auto.

I have been a wheelchair user since the age of 16 (some 35 years ago), following a nasty road accident where my bicycle had a quarrel with another vehicle. Passing a parked car, the driver inadvertently opened his car door and knocked me into the path of an oncoming vehicle. Sometimes the silver-lining is really difficult to see (and you have to be searching really hard), but the oncoming vehicle happened to be a brand new Land Rover Defender leaving the factory at Solihull. Anything else would surely have killed me, but fortunately, the Land Rover had sufficient ground clearance to just give me a bit of a mauling. Nobody's fault really, just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyway, following my impromptu inspection of the underside of Solihull's finest 4x4, happily I have found myself in the right place at the right time many times since. Currently, that is behind the wheel of my 2014 RCZ 1.6 THP GT Auto, purchased two months ago with just 7000 miles on the clock. Serviced three times in that time, the RCZ is 'as new' ..... Probably the best car I have ever driven, and in 35 years I have had a few (Jaguar XJ8, Jaguar S-type, BMW 3-series, Volvo V60, Mercedes CLA, Ford Focus CC, MGB, Vauxhall Calibra, ... quite a collection!). Perhaps unexpectedly, the RCZ is indeed my dream car.

Great to be part of an on-line community of fellow enthusiasts.

All the berry vest!
Phil

Attachments

• handcontrols copy.jpg
    handcontrols copy.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,101

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

:text-goodpost:

A big welcome Phil, so pleased your RCZ has found you, I wish you many happy motoring miles, but a word of caution. Like me, you have no doubt spent a lot of time in hospitals, you might end up having to have treatment for severe cramp of your smile muscles now you are the proud owner of a gorgeous Z :eusa-think:

P.s. did you know your forum name is what they call movies in Ireland :eusa-whistle:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Heartily welcome to the RCZ community :greetings-wavingblue:

Very nice & tidy ride. What a life story.
And when talking about joy of drving the RCZ I can only second that. Also having had few other "driver's car" in my garage before.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
After your posting there Phil, one can only have empathy with you and congratulate you at the same time.

We all know the merits of the RCZ's, but when you class it higher than Jaguar XJ8, Jaguar S-type, BMW 3-series, Volvo V60, Mercedes CLA, Ford Focus CC, MGB, Vauxhall Calibra, a quite collection of cars, it just re-iterates that the Z has got qualities few realise.
With only 7,000 smile on the clock face, it is just like new, so well done for finding a gem as autos are few and far between. Hope you have many happy miles in her ! :thumbup:

Cheers M. :beer: