What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wiper arm removal and cable into cab?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Two questions in one post really RCZ'ers ! bit cheeky but here goes anyway....

Firstly - I'm trying to get four cables ( only small - parking sensor cables ) into the fuse box on the passenger side. This is where the parking sensor ecu is. Does anyone know a way to get the cables in ??

Secondly and loosely related to the first - there is a way but it is behind the wiper motor, to get at this you need to remove the wiper blade arm. This is the problem - does anyone know how to remove the arm? I'm guessing it's a small puller of some type, usually the shaft is splined and just pushes on, but I have had no luck at all lifting the arm.

Any help would be brilliant as I'm stuck... If there is another way in which is easier - ish and does not involve removing the wiper motor etc, then please let me know...

Many thanks Forum...

:beer: Mick....

Plecodoras

Reaction score
marinipersonal said:
for the cables to the cabin, without drilling, I would suggest the firewall grommet. Can't help about locations, as I don't have the RCZ anymore.
few info here:
http://peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7440

Hey Thanks Marinipersonal, just what I thought, my cables go through behind the Wiper motor, and I thought a puller was needed because there is no other way the wiper arm assembly is coming off.. Thanks for the link - the pics have gone but I know exactly where it is as I disconnected the unit from another z = so had to reverse wire it so to speak.. The end is nigh, just need a puller and job about done.
1 day tops....

Big Thanks.... :clap: :beer:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a puller, and after 2 hours on Friday I've decided my wiper arms can stay where they are..

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
What was you doing RCZIain ?

I've just bought one off fleabay coming weds along with some wire splicer crimps - sorted - I hope !!!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
My wiper arms look a bit faded, I was going to re spray them.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
So I'm guessing you couldn't get them off - even with a puller??? Oh crap, this is the only bit stopping me having to take it to the dreaded garage. - Doh in more ways than one !!

:beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I'll let you know how I get on - either wed / thurs / friday ??? I must say I have tried a few things already and it never moved a bit. I don't think you can heat it up either it's not in such a good place.
Cheers

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
The ones on my 508 were a twat, but at least they came off.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Just a final update - ....

I got the wiper arm off and yes it was a twat. The rest was basically straight forward, though tight getting into the car, I eventually did it.

I have another thread for the bumper / sensor swap and I'm gonna update it before PhotoBucket kicks me off, so keep an eye on there.

Cheers :beer:

DRTDVL

Reaction score
I just bought a small 2 jaw gear puller to get the wiper arm off, i couldn't find anyone that had a specific wiper arm puller.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
That might do it - only drawback the pointed screw.

I have just finished updating the tutorial - bumper sensor swap - 40 pictures - hope it helps and good luck..

:beer:

DRTDVL

Reaction score
i'm tempted to just find a nut that will fit over the thread and use that to cover the point.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
DRTDVL said:
i'm tempted to just find a nut that will fit over the thread and use that to cover the point.
Yeah good call, that'll work ok.

Sent from my P4502 using Tapatalk