What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wip com 3D (NG4) dvd video unlock

A

Anonymous

Hello everyone,
does anyone knows how to unlock or enable this feature?
I know it's for "security" reasons but the other passengers could watch the DVD as well after 10Km/h...
Help appreciated!

A

Anonymous

I gather you mean being able to watch DVDs while driving. The feature is disabled when moving so you won't be distracted while driving. It's linked to pulses obtained from the speed sensor. The speed sensor is part of the integrated system and the pulses are used for a number of functions including the airbag triggers and other safetly features so you can't just disable them.

There are options though. For example there is a 3rd party device for the Mercedes models that can be fitted to intercept the pulse system for the DVD player/TV only. You would need a device specifically made for the Peugeot systems. As the RCZ is based on the 308 systems there might be something available either now or sometime in the future but it won't be from Peugeot.

A

Anonymous

i'm guessing here but I reckon it can be done without a hardware modification - when i was buying mine, someone mentioned that, if you asked the right person, it is possible to overide. i didn't persue it, given that the satnav display can be distracting enough at time, esp at night......

hth

A

Anonymous

There are companies that can change the settings (Cartronix in Waterlooville are one of many) . The settings are changed via the OBD2 socket which can also change any electronic config including remap of the ECU) . Only issue is that as the law stands the screen must not be visible to the driver if DVD function is used when the car is not stationary ...which in the RCZ case it would be . If you are seen driving with DVD function on and the screen can be seen by the driver expect points on your licence. Also in the case of insurance there have been instances when they refuse to pay up as the screen was operating in DVD mode at the time of a crash