What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Winter Tyres

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,

Just got a set of winter tyres (plus wheels, plus pressure sensors) fitted. Tyres are Michelin Alpin A4s.

Will keep you posted.

A

Anonymous

A price would be a good starting point, along with the wheel size.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Wheels are 19 inch Sortliege, so tyres are 235/40 R19 96W & I was slightly wrong about the type. They're actually Alpin PA3.

£3k the lot, all in - plus a free winter check.

A

Anonymous

plus a free winter check.

I should think so too - what a bloody price! :shock: :shock:

I paid £620 for 4 Vredestein Wintracs 235x35x19s (I came down in profile because I've had these tyres before and I trust them with my life and my £25K motor :D ) ..... gonna keep my eye out for wheels but not desperate.....

A

Anonymous

Wheels are 19 inch Sortliege, so tyres are 235/40 R19 96W & I was slightly wrong about the type. They're actually Alpin PA3.

£3k the lot, all in - plus a free winter check.
You what !!!! Be cheaper to hire a Range Rover over the snowy period :wave:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Well, one week in & here's my first impressions:

Not too much to report, really. The rides has a slightly different quality but not sure if that's because they're winter tyres or just different tyres. The ones they replaced were the original Continentals that were about 5 months old, having done about 5,000 miles, so not very worn. I would say that they feel slightly 'softer'. That may be due to the rubber being more pliable, even at these moderately cool ( as oppose to cold) temperatures or the different tread pattern. For most of us, it's been quite mild. I haven't seen the car thermometer indicate a temperature much below 10C, so it's hard to tell.

Grip & handling seem as good as ever.

I'm off to Germany for a short break in a couple of weeks time. The weather may be different there & it's too weeks further into the winter, so I'll update you all then.

t110jim

Reaction score
Donna lives in the north of Scotland as I do , I total agree with her reguarding the vredesein wintracs they are superb. I have just refitted then on my wifes 207Gt this will be the third year I have used them. They give so much grip in the snow that I took the front number plate clean of last winter in the depth of snow.

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
Donna lives in the north of Scotland as I do , I total agree with her reguarding the vredesein wintracs they are superb. I have just refitted then on my wifes 207Gt this will be the third year I have used them. They give so much grip in the snow that I took the front number plate clean of last winter in the depth of snow.

My 207 gt had them
too, only on the front though, ploughed through anything, no bother. I could pull out into the opposite lane to drive past people stuck .... With a smug wee grin! That's why I sacrificed the 40 profile to get 35s, I trust them that much. I just hope the RCZ doesn't let me down .... 'cos I know any issues won't due due to the tyre .... Or my driving :D

A

Anonymous

Winter has come in Japan too,with cold wind from Siberia....

My RCZ wears winter Tyres !

18 inch RCZ genuine wheel and MIchelin X ICE IX2 . This tyre was developed especially for the Japanese winter climate by Michelin .
It is hard to find second hand 18 inch wheels for RCZ , but I''ve got them in a domestic auction site.
They are renewed with DBK colour by professional. Of course ,no scratches nor "wounds" :D
The wheel cost about only ? ¥90.000 (4 wheels). £743

....underway

and finished!

good fitting !!( wheelbolt caps are removed)

These are the stock summer tyres
To my surprise, RCZ has an tremendous capacity swallowing four 18 inch wheels with tyres in its luggage space !!

The summer tyres take rest until spring comes :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

carrarawhite said:
To my surprise, RCZ has an tremendous capacity swallowing four 18 inch wheels with tyres in its luggage space !!
:

mmmmm I could only fit 2 of my 19" winters in my car :eusa-think: !! I had to get my Dad to take the other two in his car when I got mine fitted!!!

pete.garratt

Reaction score
I could only get one in 'cos I didn't want to fold the back seats down, so it was 4 trips for me. Fortuneatly, my local dealer is extremely 'local' to me - just round the corner! :-D

A

Anonymous

mmmmm,no idea.
You possibly keep ,for example, a "Lion" on the back seat ? :D

A

Anonymous

Gefco is to offer a tyre hotel storage service to Peugeot and Citroën as part of the manufacturers’ winter tyre programme.

All 600 PSA Peugeot Citroën dealerships will be offering winter tyres to its customers with Gefco storing summer tyres in the tyre hotel – a secure warehouse holding all customers' summer-tyres. Gefco expects to handle 1,500 tyres at six different locations.

Gefco UK sales and marketing manager Karen Kinsella says: “The tyre hotel demonstrates Gefco’s ongoing commitment to finding innovative solutions to meet evolving customer needs. Peugeot and Citroen are two of Gefco’s core clients and we’re very pleased to be adding to the portfolio of services we already offer them.”

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Hi, folks.

Since I started this thread, I felt it only polite to give you an update on my experiences to date.

In truth, there's not much to report. The weather has been really quite mild in my kneck of the woods - no freezing temperatures, snow, fog or ice. I think the lowest temperature the car has reported is +3C.

All I can say is that overall performance doesn't appear affected, my mpg is still slowly increasing ( mileage now about 7500). Road noise is different, as one might expect from different rubber, but doesn't seem too different from the original Continentals. If I had to say anything, I would say the Michelins are ever so slightly quieter and I think this tallies with a similar comment I read in a different thread/posting on this forum.

If anything changes, I'll let you know.