What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Winter tyres

A

Anonymous

Well I ordered my winter shoes for the RCZ today.

I was b*ggered if I was going to spend £350 a corner for winter tyres in our profiles (and the choice is limited), so I've gone for 235/35/19 Vredestein Wintrac Extremes at £156 each :dance: I thought I'd get them now before the prices rocket like they did last year. I had Vredesteins on my 207 and I thought they were brilliant. My OH has just ordered them for his Focus RS too. Guess I'll have to tell the insurance now seen a I've put different profiles on, but hopefully it won't affect the premiums (especially as I'm going out of my way to stop putting the thing in the ditch and putting in a claim!)

..... watch this speace we'll have zero snowfall now after two hellish Scottish winters!!

Did anyone have winter tyres last year? How did the RCZ perform with them??

A

Anonymous

Hi, just a quick question, do you have to have four of these in order to be effective, or can you just put them on the front only?

A

Anonymous

Hey binky, I've only ever put them on the front in the past - on my 1.6HDi 207 I found them perfectly adequate. But then I was less inclined to find it tail-happy. I don't know what the RCZ is going to be like, but with heaps more power, I would imagine it's more likely to spin out if you only had two on the front :eusa-think: .

Also the reason for buying the four was because I've bought slightly different profiles. I didn't see the point of spending over £700 for two on the front when I could get four for £600 - plus they were four tyres that i feel I could rely on due to having them already. I'm really hacked off at "whoever at Peugeot" who decided to use those size tyres, they're a nightmare to obtain and costly :evil: . My OH has a Ford Focus RS and his tyres are 235/35/19 as standard and so much cheaper. They're the size of winter's I've bought too.

I've also heard from people that whilst, probably not illegal, it's not advised to have just two winter tyres. Could give the insurance companies a reason to NOT pay out?

Maybe others could give a definitive answer to that though.

Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

the 40 profile in the tyre is there mainly for it bit more comfort giving more rubber between the wheel rim and the road surface,and with the profile being taller it will fill the wheel arches more,there is nothing wrong fitting a 35 profile on the rcz it will handle ever so slightly better with 35 profile,vredestien tyres are amazing tyres :thumbup: i have used them in past and when i change the fronts on my car i am going to put 245/35/19 vredestien ultra sessanta :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

If you mean me, then I got these ....
http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?d ... sowigan=CW
They've gone up £30 each since i got mine! They'll only go higher!

The Michelins in our size (40s) are over £400 each now! ... and they're not rated as any better than the vredesteins........

... just a shame I haven't got a set of rims to keep them on, that would save me always having to go to the tyre fitter .... maybe next year......