What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Window won't stay shut!

A

Anonymous

Brand-new car, under 20 miles on the clock and found my first problem!

Drivers window won't close, everytime I shut it, it automatically opens back to half way. Particularly annoying when parking the car to leave it, I have to get in passengers side and close it after shutting the door :(. It appears as if the rubber seal around the window Isnt fitted properly and is activating the. Anti pinch feature, anyway to turn this off? Permanently?!

Any idea how long this takes to fix, or if there's a quickfix I could do?

A

Anonymous

Try taking the window down, then back up but hold the switch until the window is fully shut.
you may need to do this a few times.
it does sound like the anti-pinch needs tweaking.

A

Anonymous

Wiggers, check that the rubber has not come out anywhere along the windows closing path or there are no other obstructions. As Jactac says it is probably the anti pinch function and nothing serious.

A

Anonymous

Well it's definatley the seal, it works fine when the door is open, so font think it's an actual motor issue. Took it into local Peugeot garage, but they couldn't sort it without taking it in for a period of time, so will have to take it to ze Germans!

A

Anonymous

All sorted now, not quite sure what was wrong, but from the hand waving, pointing and talking in two different languages, I think it was rubber the seal round the doorframe. At one particular point I was asking what it was and had a cup of tea given to me! Bless! Ah well, all sorted and time to enjoy the motoring again, something so wrong, yet so satisfying, about overtaking a police car on the motorway (autobahn) at 120mph and having him wave and smile at you!!