What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wind Noise

A

Anonymous

I have suffered some time from an annoying wind rush sound from the nearside rear of cabin area, when travelling along at a reasonable pace, just as if the window is partially open. I have done the usual investigations , but have failed to locate any gaps etc. Does anyone else have this situation ?
It was suggested to me by a friend that if I have a wind problem, to take something for it ! ! or buy a Kite. Idioit.

Mal

A

Anonymous

Mal if you had a win problem I reckon you'd probably be aware of it yourself. I admire his humour though :lol:

I can't think what to suggest though - your windows are sealing ok aren't they? I noticed mine once or twice (usually when washing the car) hasn't. Door needs a decent slam :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

MEvans said:
I have suffered some time from an annoying wind rush sound from the nearside rear of cabin area, when travelling along at a reasonable pace, just as if the window is partially open.

They all do it :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Since I posted my query, I noticed whilst cleaning the rear seat (Seating my A****), that where the seat belt catch is situated, on the outer edge of the rear seats, there is an open panel, through which I aspy a cavity and Body Paintwork. I wonder where this leads to, methinks ! ! !

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
MEvans said:
I have suffered some time from an annoying wind rush sound from the nearside rear of cabin area, when travelling along at a reasonable pace, just as if the window is partially open.

They all do it :thumbdown:

Mine doesn't................. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Sorry, couldn't hear those last two Posts - too much wind in my ears ;)

:Moony:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
It's always a good idea to protect your seals to stop them perishing and keeps them nice and supple.

slight thread derail.................but what do you use for that pray tell?

A

Anonymous

mine has no wind noise up to and above second stage (on an Autobahn)

RCZ1

Reaction score
H12RPO said:
RCZ1 said:
It's always a good idea to protect your seals to stop them perishing and keeps them nice and supple.

slight thread derail.................but what do you use for that pray tell?

I use Swissvax Seal Feed. Yes it's expensive but you only need a little and the tub is going to last forever. It's also the best that I've used. Others have run in the rain causing stains on previous cars despite me rubbing it down after its been applied.

A

Anonymous

Again can confirm no wind noise whatsoever. There issome roadnoise, caused by the 19'Wheels and stiffer suspension, but this isnt as noticable as other cars I have owned.

A

Anonymous

Mine seems to suffer the same noise. It's not overly loud & seems to come from the near side rear. Not sure if it's something to do with the bottom of the roof hoop,