What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

why is it?

A

Anonymous

That when people post pictures which include the number plate or registration of the car in the photo they blank it out?? I don't understand the rationale behind this.

RCZ1

Reaction score
People don't necessarily want their registration number available for all to see on the Internet. For people who are so inclined it would be very easy to just do a search for a car for same colour, spec and then clone them by replicating the number plate. Some would say, they can just pick a number at random off the street, but why make it easy for them!

GT RCZ

Reaction score
sorry what a load of tosh, do you really think these guys are going to bother with the internet.

All they have to do is stand on the street & watch the cars go by.

I'm with you H12RPO

RCZ1

Reaction score
GT RCZ said:
sorry what a load of tosh, do you really think these guys are going to bother with the internet.

All they have to do is stand on the street & watch the cars go by.

I'm with you H12RPO

Yes :!: And they do :!:

You display your number for all to see, I'll keep mine hidden.

A

Anonymous

But doesnt that mean you'd have to keep it hidden in the Asda car park as well ??

Also what would be the purpose of such cloning??

FGRob

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty much knackered then, been in Japanese Performance Car and this month in the Classic & Sports Car mag, here's the front opening shot:

But this is my favourite

All reg numbers shown - you've just got to live with it I'm afraid.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

A few years ago my wife told me that a work college of hers had parked in the local town centre muti-storey car park. When she returned to her car she came across an identical car with her registration number, but in a different row. Upon further investigation she found her own car to be in the same place she had left it. The police were called and the other car turned out to be a clone.

The day I took delivery of my new 20HDi GT I drove straight home with all the paperwork to pick up my wife. She had left work early so we could go for a run. We had a drive of about 25miles to visit her parents and show off our new car. We were looking around the RCZ when I noticed things didn’t look quite right. The number plate was different to the one I had chosen. The road tax was registered with YR and the number plate was YT. Mechanic at garage had made a mistake. :eusa-whistle: :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Personally I just dont want people to know my reg...end of.