What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

White Smoke

Leonardog

Reaction score
When my engine is warmed up and I am stationary at lights for instance,if I rev the engine I get whit smoke out of exhaust.Any Ideas.

Flanners

Reaction score
the THP seems to/can produce a lot of vapour......posts on here about it

Nemi

Reaction score
What mileage is your RCZ? Could be worn valve stem seals :unsure:

Which oil do you use? If 0w30, try switching to 5w30 or even 5w40 and see if that helps. My old RCZ used to leave a lot of white smoke after stopping at red lights when using 0w30 oil. If I remember correctly, 5w30 helped a little.

lfe

Reaction score
Water vapor coming out of the exhaust for the first few minutes in winter is normal, water condenses inside the exhaust and then comes out when starting.

It is very different if smoke comes out when accelerating after having been idling stopped, already with the engine warm, at a traffic light, this indicates that there is oil consumption through the piston rings or in the intake valve seals.