What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Whistling vents

A

Anonymous

Has any noticed a whistling from the heater vents ?

I get this whistling noise coming up from the top screen vent area but only when the selector is pointed down for the footwell area ?
However if I select the screen or mid position or even all 3 positions the whistling stops but as soon as I just select the footwell by itself the whistling starts again, up high behind the dash, around the screen vent I would say !
This happens even if the fan is set as low as 2 LED's on the selector display.

A

Anonymous

same as mine...................dont care though! turn the i-pod up :dance:

A

Anonymous

Keep it on auto, works for me, I don't even know if it makes a noise as you describe as the climate control works better than any car I have had. Perhaps the dealer can help :wtf:

A

Anonymous

RCZ White said:
Keep it on auto, works for me, I don't even know if it makes a noise as you describe as the climate control works better than any car I have had. Perhaps the dealer can help :wtf:

the climate control on my specific car is very average during the summer months ie june till august my rcz really streggled to cool the car down enough even in damp scotland(bahamas not) my type R had a far better system and was quicker

A

Anonymous

RCZ White said:

I have tried it in auto but for some reason it just goes straight to full power everytime i start the car and blasts out air, even if the car is already cool, ie first thing in the morning. Its like a hurrican going through the car so i cant tell if its whistling from one particular area as my ears are popping . :lol:

i also think the reason you dont notice any whistling whilst the system is in auto is because in auto all the vents are used, i only find i can hear the whistling is if i only use the footwell vent, then it whistles from the screen vent. :crazy:

jassyo06 said:
the climate control on my specific car is very average during the summer months ie june till august my rcz really streggled to cool the car down enough even in damp scotland(bahamas not) my type R had a far better system and was quicker

I found it struggled to keep the car cool during some of the hotter days that we had over our so called summer. The best climate control system i had was on a Renualt Megane, it would get so cold that if you parked up and had the air flow pointing up to the screen it would condesate on the outside.

A

Anonymous

Hi Jactac,
It may sound weird but the sales guy recommended using the AC all the time! I only ever use the vents when it's frosty to clear the windscreen. It also gives a much fresher heat and only makes a noise when it's on HI.
Caroline

A

Anonymous

Best Air Con I have ever seen or had was on my Corsa, it would freeze the bottom of the screen if you put it all "up there" took it back and asked if it was over gassed and they tested it and said "NO" LOL

A

Anonymous

On Auto It blasts at first especially when the vehicle is hot (Summer) then settles down as the interior cools down, to the temperature you require I had the same problem with it, I have noticed in the Winter (now) On auto it blasts at first then quickly settles down , on Auto its really good actually so give it a try. I also had the whistling but on auto it does not happen.