What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Which fuel

A

Anonymous

Hi I've had my 200thp for about a year now and I'm running it on normal 95 octain fuel. A friend told me that it's not worth running 98/99 unless you have a jap import as European cars are designed to run on 95 octain. I was told yesterday that some modern cars have 2 maps on the ecu and can detect which fuel you have in it and run accordingly. Does anyone have any info on this? I know some of you must think it's sacrilege but if theirs no point theirs no point.

A

Anonymous

There should be a sticker on the body when you open the door. That will say what is best to run it on. My old S2000 said use 97, but all cars have to be able to run on 95 because of the law

A

Anonymous

Premium petrol has added cleaners and detergents too... gives the engine a little internal clean up so its worth a punt for V-Power now and again.. even if it could well be the pacebo effect

A

Anonymous

Im only prepared to use the very best,(V.P racing fuel) 110octane :crazy:fantastic performance,down side im on my third engine rebuild in only 8k :shock: :eek: :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I have never been a great advocate of the claims about super plus fuels over standard and being a yorkshireman have been generally to tight to pay the premium........ :wave:

However I have run the last fills as super plus on my GT200 and have seen a noticeable difference in the performance. The pickup and acceleration are much better.

Not sure what to make of it! I normally run on cheapo ASDA unleaded!!

A

Anonymous

dolanog said:
Im only prepared to use the best V.P racing fuel 110octane :crazy:fantastic performance,down side im on my third engine in only 8k :shock: :eek:
You simply have to be joking!? 3 engines! and only 8000miles/kilometres on the clock? :helpme:

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
I have never been a great advocate of the claims about super plus fuels over standard and being a yorkshireman have been generally to tight to pay the premium........ :wave:

However I have run the last fills as super plus on my GT200 and have seen a noticeable difference in the performance. The pickup and acceleration are much better.

Not sure what to make of it! I normally run on cheapo ASDA unleaded!!
Totally as a novice with no technical knowledge on the subject, I believe that basic supermarket fuel is of a poorer quality to "branded" fuels. I believe that I get better performance from the engine and more mile to the gallon using BP diesel. I don't notice any difference when about every 4th fill up I use BP Ultimate diesel, but I do it as I believe that it helps to keep the engine "clean"

A

Anonymous

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its my Welsh s.o.h,no don't worry no V.P racing fuel,just normal Shell V power,and the engine is fine :thumbup: