What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wheel Touch-Ups

tm2204

Reaction score
Did some work on my wheels over the weekend 👍

Had intended to get going with my Autoglym Polar pre-wash, wash & seal using my new pressure washer (complete with snow foam lance 😁) but the queue's outside Halfords on Friday (to get the Polar products) dictated otherwise 😠 So I did a 'normal' wash on my car and turned my attention to the wheels...

My black wheels were in excellent condition TBF for a 10 year old car. Only have my car 1 month and the seller put 4 fresh tyres on all corners and touched up the alloys to have them looking really good :) I only needed to touch up a few nicks and some minor alloy wheel rash and I did this with some black nail polish and an artists fine tip brush.

Worst part of the wheels were these:

IMG_20200604_213234.jpg

So they were changed for these:

IMG_20200604_213412.jpg

Wheels looking close to 100% now with Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel applied.

I picked up a DA machine polisher in Argos on Friday on sale for €46/£41 (yep that cheap 😁). It's been well reviewed by many. The backing plate supplied is 6" with a 7" pad... obv too big so I've ordered a 4" backing plate and some 5" pads and plan to give my black paintwork an all-over compound, polish & wax... then maintain it using Autoglym Polar Seal applied with the pressure washer and just rinsed off 👍

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I found model enamels in the correct colour handy for wheel touch ups.
Usually very hard wearing and reasonably cheap.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Yah but not the water based ones.
Humbrol is probably the only brand I can name given I used to use them for painting models when I was younger.

Pedro

Reaction score
I found model enamels in the correct colour handy for wheel touch ups.
Usually very hard wearing and reasonably cheap.
Plasticote is another good enamel finish paint & comes in small pots as well