What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wheel protection

A

Anonymous

What does everyone use for their wheels, preferably the diamond cut ones?? My skoda's wheels are getting scratches and marks, and they are known for corroding, so I want a wheel wax or sealant
Thanks
Josh

A

Anonymous

I've only ever used gtechniq c5 and swissvax autobahn both really good but expensive products!
gtechniq c5 last an age which is good while swissvax only last 3 months ish!

A

Anonymous

it can be annoying to apply but watch some videos online before applying!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Joakes read this regarding application
Much the same prep/application to C4 really. make sure the rim is as clean as possible, with no polishing oils, any other previous coatings/waxes on at all. dab onto the cotton applicator pad and spread evenly and thinly over the surface. do in small sections and buff after 30 seconds or so.

curing time similar to C4 - proper curing time is temperature and humidity dependant. if possible, allow 4-6 hours before getting wet. though getting it wet shortly after shouldn't matter tooooo much, it is better to just leave it (preferrably overnight)

as with C4, the cloth you use to remove the excess C5 residue on your wheels will cure in the cloth and form crystals, the cloth will need to washed very quickly afterwards to stop the cloth being useless in future for buffing paintwork as it will scratch the surface.

Hope this helps