What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wheel locator pin

A

Anonymous

In my previous few cars the spare wheel toolkit has included a locator pin which aids putting a wheel back onto the car. The pin screws into one of the boltholes of the wheel hub and helps keep the wheel in the right place when you lift it back on.
Any idea where to get one or even what the right name is for it? I was hoping to get it with a second hand 308 toolkit but none of the ones on ebay seem to include this (theres a space for one in the case but nothing there.)

Mike

A

Anonymous

Never seen or heard of any such item. Sounds like a cracking good idea though

A

Anonymous

I know what your talking about and they are available on Ebay, its how you word your search.

If you get no joy you could get a spare wheel nut, easily available from a dealer, and then disc off the socket end, leaving just the thread, then use your disc cutter to cut a groove in the end you have just cut for a screw driver. Smooth the cut end off with a file or disc cutting blade just to make it look and feel nice.
You'll probably be left with about 2 inches of thread that you can sit the wheel on to line it up, then remove the stud with the screw driver, a simple pimple 10 minute job. :thumbup:

All you need is a fine blade cutting disc (cost pennies) for the actuall cut and either a file or metal grinding disc (again pennies) to smooth it all off.
Simple job, I might even do one now for myself :thumbup:
I might even start selling them on here :dance: :lol:
Just a thought. :eusa-think:

* On next weeks show I'm making a fold-away trolly jack out of cardboard, Ron might be interested in this, so dont forget to tune in :p

A

Anonymous

A nip round the breakers yard its whats needed and look in BMW boots, in the fold down tool kit or just loose in the boot, as most have no idea what they do.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I know what your talking about and they are available on Ebay, its how you word your search.

If you get no joy you could get a spare wheel nut, easily available from a dealer, and then disc off the socket end, leaving just the thread, then use your disc cutter to cut a groove in the end you have just cut for a screw driver. Smooth the cut end off with a file or disc cutting blade just to make it look and feel nice.
You'll probably be left with about 2 inches of thread that you can sit the wheel on to line it up, then remove the stud with the screw driver, a simple pimple 10 minute job. :thumbup:

All you need is a fine blade cutting disc (cost pennies) for the actuall cut and either a file or metal grinding disc (again pennies) to smooth it all off.
Simple job, I might even do one now for myself :thumbup:
I might even start selling them on here :dance: :lol:
Just a thought. :eusa-think:

* On next weeks show I'm making a fold-away trolly jack out of cardboard, Ron might be interested in this, so dont forget to tune in :p
Put me down for one of this weeks specials and next weeks as well :clap:

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys.

I managed to find these on ebay, item 220865437550.