What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What format for music on USB ?

A

Anonymous

Want to stick a USB in the port in the arm rest, but I have tried MP3 and that's not working.
So can you guys and girls tell me,
1. what format the music has to be in ?
2. is my 32GB stick to big, and that's why its failing ?
3. does it have to be in a player of some kind (ipod etc) ?
4. can I stick whole albums on the stick or do the songs have to be all in one file ?

Many thanks
Paul141
:beer:

A

Anonymous

mine works fine in mp3, you need to alter the source button on the radio to mp3 setting and it should then work ok.
simples

A

Anonymous

Try to fill your usb half full or less.... i have a feeling that it has problems when theres too much music on the usb

A

Anonymous

Just tried switching source, and still not working, so now going to try a smaller USB stick (4GB) see if that is the problem.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

:dance: :thumbup: :clap:

Sorted !
Was the USB stick being too big for the system, works fine with a 4GB stick

Paul141 :beer:

A

Anonymous

Paul

Mine works fine with an 8GB - it may be due to differences in the file system formatting - FAT/FAT32/NTFS - i don't have mine to hand at the moment, but others may be able to help

hth

dave

A

Anonymous

Dave
Good point, I just think that 32GB was too big for the system and the 4 I put in worked fine. I got myself a 4 on order to stick in all the time as there is no room for Cd`s in the car. It blue-tooth`s off my phone when I get in and lists the music off that as well so I get plenty of options.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

I think your stick formated in NTFS. You need to try format it in fat32 but it's can take ages to reformat 32gb. ;)

A

Anonymous

it is because theres too much on the stick,,,,

first time i connected my 4 year old ipod to it, (160Gb) i had a itunes library of about 80 Gb. the message came that there were too many songs onnit... Now i have tried with about 10-15 Gb and put it on the ipod as if it was an external harddrive... it worked just fine.

A

Anonymous

Manelin
I had "invalid USB" error (or something like that) with the 32GB, but now it works fine, just going to get a smaller one (physical size) so I can leave it in all the time as there is nowhere for the CD`s (and I can get more on the stick than on CD)

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Have a 16gb usb flash working ok anything bigger 32/64gb the system come up with error the system can only read from memory what the dealer told me is about 1000 tracks in mp3 format as there needs to be some space free on flash drive to buffertracks .Keep the albums in folders and should come up in list on radio display ok. have also used pocket usb harddrive 160 /500gb and have had no luck just will not see it on radio.

A

Anonymous

DRWHO,
Yep about the same as I found. I got a 4GB little stick coming so I can put it in and leave it. Well thats the plan !!

Paul141

A

Anonymous

I've tried a 4GB stick with MP3 files and nothing.

Anyone help???

A

Anonymous

Uberholt said:
I've tried a 4GB stick with MP3 files and nothing.

Anyone help???
I am the most technophobic person on here. However I have a 4GB stick with MP3 music and it does work. I suggest a dealer visit is in order. The main problem arises when you have the sat nav option, as nothing seems to work as well as they do on the "basic" system.

A

Anonymous

IF you not got the SatNav version, then scroll thro the options pausing at each to see what it is, as the USB comes up as an EXTRA option when detected.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Has anybody succeeded in using a lossless type on the USB? I've been using a Verbatim 8GB stick with MP3s for a while, and tried a number of FLAC files this morning without success. The player doesn't seem to recognize them.