What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wet rear spare wheel well

wilsofar

Reaction score
I tend not to look under the boot cover but today I needed to put something away in the polystyrene tray.

I noticed that there was quite a lot of water in the well.

The centre seal seemed to only be semi secure but quite tight -it drained away fairly easily after prising up the edge .

Is it likely to have entered this way or is there another weak water entry point?

I have silicone sealed the cap as best I could.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Others have found that when actually having a spare alloy in the boot, condensation water may gather over time as a result of temperature changes.

wilsofar

Reaction score
No spare wheel only the polystyrene container.

No obvious other route for water ingress,but a couple of centimetres in the well -certainly no condensation.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi it depends on how long the water has been there.. Was it there before hand... If you have not checked before it could have been a build up from opening the boot after washing your car or after its been raining as the lip near the fin builds up with water, and when you open the boot all the water runs into the boot and over time it will go to the lowest point the wheel well.
Best thing to do is buy the RCZ boot liner as you can mop up the water each time _20200122_213447.JPGhope this helps all...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

wilsofar

Reaction score
The water is only in the round wheel well ,not on the higher level which is totally dry seemingly to indicate water coming in direct to there at the lowest point

I have made my own boot liner and all is dry.

Carpet completely dry so it would indicate failure of drainage grommet which I have tried to seal -we will see!

Wayne

Reaction score
I tend not to look under the boot cover but today I needed to put something away in the polystyrene tray.

I noticed that there was quite a lot of water in the well.

The centre seal seemed to only be semi secure but quite tight -it drained away fairly easily after prising up the edge .

Is it likely to have entered this way or is there another weak water entry point?

I have silicone sealed the cap as best I could.
Give the boot a slam it worked for me no more water that simple

Pedro

Reaction score
The water drains down the boot channels into drain points if they become blocked it can apparently ingress through the weakest points hence you get water entering the boot there are other post's about this problem on here somewhere