What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Weird acceleration issue.

Buzzo

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Only had my RCZ a month or so, 29k miles 2014 156. Flew through its MOT and never had any significant issues. Was driving home from band practice and as I was getting close to my house I noticed I wasn't getting any grunt from first gear, almost stalling and juddering. Really really weird.

Any ideas? Foot down, nothing then it starts to pull through. No warning lights or noises, no problems with achieving speed just really slow acceleration out of nowhere. Absolutely lost.

Buzz

Pedro

Reaction score
Limp mode or fuel rail pressure & HPFP causes loss of acceleration & lumpy irregular idling could possibly stall the Engine if fuel pressure too low

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Mine had a very intermittent fault when the HPFP went. Sometimes it ran sweet as a nut, other times in limp mode, accelerated like a fiesta, sometimes misfiring like it was running on 2 cylinders, sounded like a lawnmower.
A new fuel rail & HPFP (after replacing all 4 coil packs & plugs) and it’s running like an Aston Martin again, in fact I think it’s better now than when I 1st got it. 👍

Buzzo

Reaction score
This is almost precisely what happened to me.

Anyway, after doing the plugs and coil packs I've had the HPFP done and it's perfect.

Quick note, I used Motoreasy's warranty. Cost me £30 and they covered the full cost of the HPFP. Pretty damn good considering the stick they get. You have to fight a bit but I saved about £600 there.