What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

waxing your alloy wheels helps stop build up of dust

A

Anonymous

Hi all has anyone waxed there rims with wax and what have you used or think is best as this help stop the build up of dust .

i understand that Mer wax is good has anyone used it :?: autocar mag says Mer :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've used wax, I've used something called Jetseal 109 and I'm now trying something called Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine.

I've currently got some wax on my alloys at the moment but I have to say that this seems to have attracted more dirt and brake dust. I mostly use the Jetseal 109 and this has worked really well and does seem to repel brake dust quite well.

I'm trying the Planet Polish Wheel and Seal as its received lots of good reviews so I've used it on my brother's car and my sister's car. The shine this gives is incredible and so far seems to be repelling the brake dust quite well and is quite cheap compared to the Jetseal.

I'd try either of these two. :thumbup:

FGRob

Reaction score
I use Rim wax, have done for the past 4 years, bit of a pain to put on but easy to wash the dust off with, plus it does not seem to stick as much.

Rob.