What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wax over supagard?

A

Anonymous

Having lost my patience with peugeots incompetence making a right mess of my supagard application, while I complain and await a response, is there a wax you can use over it? In essence they have have done an awful prep job and have sealed in horrific swirls and some scratches and I have an awful hologram effect on my black rcz.

RCZ1

Reaction score
rjc813 said:
Having lost my patience with peugeots incompetence making a right mess of my supagard application, while I complain and await a response, is there a wax you can use over it? In essence they have have done an awful prep job and have sealed in horrific swirls and some scratches and I have an awful hologram effect on my black rcz.

You don't want to be putting a wax over it - no wax will hide it and will probably only serve to highlight the defects even more.
What you want to do is totally remove the Supaguard protection. Personally I would get a professional detailer to sort the car out for you (paid for by your dealer). I would not let the dealer's touch the paint again. Let someone who knows what they are doing get the car into the correct state that it should be.

This is exactly why I always tell people not to take the paint protection from the dealer. The same thing happened to me with my current car (although it doesn't sound quite as bad as yours). I removed my paint protection because it was not prepped properly before it was applied. Preparation of the paintwork is everything regardless of whether applying paint protection or detailing your car / washing on a regular basis.

Hope you get it sorted quickly :(

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1, it's a right nightmare, they have had it for 2days, still made no difference. They have said they have done all they can and after all 'it is a black car'. Complaint letter number 2 to head office!

RCZ1

Reaction score
rjc813 said:
They have said they have done all they can and after all 'it is a black car'.
Complaint letter number 2 to head office!

That quote is quite unbelievable :shock: :evil:

There are black cars all over with perfect paintwork - no holograms, scratches, etc. Seriously though don't let the dealers valeters touch it again :!:

t110jim

Reaction score
I suspect the nera Black paint is fairly soft as it seems to mark up easily I have aleady gone over mine with menzerna 203s followed by blackfire to remove some fine swirl marks and scratches